Thursday, July 11, 2013

My Q3 FAL Goals



I'm great at starting quilts.  Finishing....Not so much! 
 
To help me in getting some of these projects finished around my sewing room, I thought I would join up with Leanne at she can quilt for her 2013 3rd quarter Finish-A-Long.  The rules sound easy enough.  I just need to make a list of what I hope to will finish by the end of September.....


she can quilt


Here we go....Fingers crossed I can get all this done. 



This cute little baby quilt just needs borders and quilting. As a WIP it is not that old but I did fold it up and put it in the closet so it would be really easy for it to be overlooked and re-discovered years from now.  I need to prevent that from happening!


I have cut and pieced one row on this fish quilt.  I am now bored with it!  (Does anyone else get that way?)  I have started a couple other quilts since sewing on this row and I need some incentive to stick with it and finish this one. 


 This quilt top just needs to be quilted.  As customer quilts always seem to "bump" my quilts out of the quilting queue, I always have a large stack of my own waiting.  Quilting is the hardest thing for me to get done.  This quilt is a christmas gift and I would love not to be working long hours days before the holiday to get this quilted and bound.


 Here is another quilt top I need to finish up.  This top does need a backing sewn from my stash.  I will probably need to get a little creative as I have worked through alot of my older fabric in these colors.  In fact, I am really tired of these colors and a great deal of determination will be needed to get this one done.




Here is one of my REALLY old projects.  This top has been done for probably 4-5 years and just waiting in the closet for me to quilt it.  Most of my friends have never seen it and I will share it more fully when I get it done.  This one I am a little nervous about getting it quilted with everything else on the list.



This next little project won't count toward the FAL but I need to spend some time on it.  My lovely niece is an amazing dancer and will be graduating from high school in two years and I want to make her a word quilt filled with dance words/phrases.  Hopefully it will be something she will take away to college with her.  I am committing to all of you that I plan on finishing 3 more blocks in Q3.


Whew!  That is a lot to get done!  Knowing myself, I bet there will be a ton of other projects that sneak in next quarter but I am determined to not let them interfere with accomplishing the above.  Wish me luck - I know I am going to need it!!

she can quilt


I will be linking up these goals at she can quilt.  Follow Leanne's button to see what others are doing this quarter.  There are some very talented people out there!



Also linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation and Really Random Thursday at Live a Colorful Life.



5 comments:

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Phew~ That's quite a list. Good luck with it, I'm sure you can do it!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

You have so many fantastic projects! I love that quilt you're using as a Christmas gift, and the blue and green one!

Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

You've got some great projects and fabrics on the go there Cynthia :)

Barb Neiwert said...

I especially like that big pinwheel quilt - the colors are great! I have that pattern and it is on my To Do list. That list is going around the block right now, it's so darn l-o-n-g!

Lisa in Port Hope said...

Very interesting to see how your quilts have evolved. You should set a certain amount of time aside for fun, personal sewing each week.

01 09 10