Friday, January 17, 2014

Log Cabin Beauty

I am so pleased to share another finished quilt!  After I tallied up all the UFOs I had at the end of the year, out of embarrassment, I vowed to get some of these half finished projects checked off the list.


I just pulled this beauty out of the laundry so it is now ready to be loved.  It is the perfect size for some sofa snoozing at 52" x 68".  I might just have to try it out later this evening.


I quilted a fun daisy and loop pattern over the entire quilt in a beige thread.  I thought it would work well with the 30's prints used throughout the quilt (you can read more about the quilt top here.)


I was also able to find two larger cuts of some 30's fabric in my stash that worked perfectly for the backing.  Between the churn dash and this log cabin quilt, I am finally making a dent in my older reproduction fabrics.  It feels good to be making room for some fun, modern prints.
Now to figure out what to buy....

http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/5198185

I will be celebrating this finish with others at Can I get a Whoop? Whoop? over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, TGIFF, LAFF at Richard and Tanya Quilts, Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts, Show off Saturday at Sew Can She and A Stitch in Time at Such a Sew and Sew. 

January Finishes

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt! Great finish!

Julie said...

I just love this! The fabric is so great, the background especially. I just love how they are on point and the little log cabins on the side. The quilting is just perfect for this too! Thanks for sharing and linking up with TGIFF!

LA Paylor said...

don't you just love the warm crinkly feeling when a quilt comes out of the dryer???
LeeAnna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com

Sue Daurio said...

Oh I so love this quilt. How creative to put those little log cabins in the corner. I must make one of these, thanks for the inspiration

genie said...

Oh, My! This yellow and 30’s fabric quilt is out of this world. I would love to be wrapped up in it tonight when we are supposed to get some more snow. Everything about it is a dream come true for me. Cannot imagine ever having a prettier, happier quilt. Kudos to you for finishing it. genie

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Big props to you! Way to get it done. Not surprising, I heart it! :)

Izzy said...

Lovely finish! I love the small log cabins in the setting triangles. Very cool!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Congratulations on finishing such a gorgeous quilt!! It really does look ready to be loved!!

Muv said...

The perfect quilt for all those gorgeous fabrics. You deserve every nap you can get under it.

Sheryl said...

Beautiful quilting. The daisies definitely go well with the fabric and the pattern. I love how you've used such a traditional block, and traditional fabrics but still made the whole thing have a very fresh and new effect.

Kitchener Quilter said...

Love you log cabin quilt. I like the way you've made smaller blocks in those big spaces around the outside. I might have to try that myself sometime! Your colours aren't what we usually see in a lc, but I love it. And keep going on those ufo's! It is so worth it to get them into growing stacks of finished quilts.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

LOVE love LOVE love!!! I still want to copy you - I just love that quilt! Enjoy snuggling under it!!!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

I totally relate to you to-do list of unfinished projects - I have at least four that need finished before I can allow myself to start a new project (we'll see how long THAT lasts!) Great work on your quilt, I have a 30s reproduction on my wanna-make-someday list!

Míša said...

Beautiful quilt!

Kris said...

Fun quilt and quilting.

Kathleen said...

This is a work of art! So very pretty.

Anonymous said...

This turned out beautifully!

Judy H said...

Turning the log cabin blocks on their points really transforms it. What a great idea and a fantastic quilt.

Michele said...

Really great quilt. How did it do for sofa snoozing?

Lynn said...

Wonderful use of the prints. I have some of that kind might just have to get busy. Thanks for the great tip about the sashing too. Just lovely!

Lorna McMahon said...

Gorgeous finish, Cynthia! And congrats on the Friday Feature!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, this quilt is so lovely! I love the 30's repro prints you used and the on-point log cabins! I hope it passed the couch snoozing test

xo -E

Carrie P. said...

so pretty! congrats on your finish!

01 09 10