Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A Lovely Year of Finishes - March Goals

It's a brand new month so that means choosing a goal for this month's finish as part of A Lovely Year of Finishes hosted by Sew Bittersweet Designs. So far this year I am 2 for 2 so I hope to keep the momentum up for at least a few more months.



I recently quilted this lovely appliqued wall hanging for a customer of mine.  It is from the Kaffe Fassett book Quilts in the Sun.  Seeing it reminded me that I had a finished top just waiting to be quilted up.




After a few minutes of searching, I found my pastel version in the back of the closet (along with three other wallhangings...sigh).  So I have decided to make quilting this my March goal. My longarm schedule is booked solid with customer quilts this month but I will just have to squeeze it in somewhere!



ALYoF2014


To see what everyone else is planning for the month, you can find lots of links here.


What fun plans do you have for March?



http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/5198185


I will be sharing this with the following linky parties. Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation, Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts, and WIP Wednesday with Freshly Pieced

16 comments:

Shauna said...

so pretty, good luck on your goal!!!! I love your version!!!

thebutterflyquilter said...

I love them both! It is amazing how different a quilt looks in different colors!

Lorna McMahon said...

Both of those are very pretty, but the pastel version you made really appeals to me! Love the green and purple together. Purple does not like me. Hope you can squeeze in the quilting time on this cute wall hanging and get her done!

Debra said...

So pretty!!! Would love to make one myself! So cheerful and perfect for a long awaited Spring!

Wonky Patchwork said...

Both so beautiful, what a gorgeous design to use, but I especially love the purple and green version. Hope you get time to quilt it up as you hope.

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

They are both lovely quilts. They look so different made in different colourways. I think I prefer the purple and greens, but that's just me!

Dawn said...

I love seeing the design in different colours, it's all personal choice but they all good so good I'm having trouble deciding what I like best :)

Val's Quilting Studio said...

This is certainly be a fun one to quilt thought. Look forward to what ya do with it. :):

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful pieces and I really like the pastel one! Hope you get it quilted this month!

Anonymous said...

Love both versions! Getting quilting time for yourself can always be a bit of a challenge!!!! Setting goals is a good thing.....I'm continuing on my "stash busting" and have 2 quilts sandwiched and ready to be quilted (after I alter a client's curtains and work on a wedding gown!)......hugs................

Barb Neiwert said...

How convenient to have your brain joggled with your client's project! Now which day have you scheduled yourself in there for the quilting? I just got my March goal quilted earlier this week. Now I need to find some binding and get that done, a hanging sleeve, and sew on some buttons for the holly. And I still have 3 weeks to do it - I just might make it!

Jo Ferguson said...

I can't decide which of the two quilts I like best. I'd have to make both. You have to be careful when entering closets, you never know what long forgotten project can be hiding in there.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

great goal! it's beautiful!

Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Podunk Pretties said...

They are both lovely, but I'm partial to the pastel. I love seeing the same pattern in different colors.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Perfect post to share at Tuesday Archives!!!

Emily G said...

Wow I love both versions! Beautiful!

01 09 10