Thursday, October 9, 2014

A Cute Checkerboard Finish



Just thought I would quickly share a fun little baby quilt I sewed up with some leftover strip sets I had laying around.




I created a checkerboard in the center from the scrappy bits and gave it a couple of thin borders in aqua and white.  I thought these solid borders were needed to provide some good definition between the center and the outside print.




I had just enough of this Kaffe Fassett Millifiori print for the outer boarder, binding and backing.  I think it finished it beautifully!




I know it is hard to see but I quilted it with a ruffled swirl free motion design. It really went together quickly and I really like the simplicity of it.  It has no home so it will just have to go up for sale in my Etsy shop.  I hope it finds a new home soon!


If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar!
  
she can quilt (Scraptastic Tuesday) 



14 comments:

Jasmine said...

My little monkey saw this quilt and said, "Ooo, cool quilt!" I agree with him. :)

Rike Busch said...

Really nice quilt! Happy baby to play on.
Greetings, Rike

M-R Charbonneau said...

Great job, Cynthia! That Kaffe Fassett print does tie it together beautifully! Wow!

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

It would be fun to play checkers on this quilt top! I hope it finds a new home soon, too. :)

Vera said...

What a fun idea! Well done!

Quilting Stories said...

Wonderful quilt, I love the Kaffee Fassett sashing and backing as well!

Dona said...

I Love squares and the Kaffe Fassett border just pops!

Beth said...

Love how this one finished up. Amazed at what you get done too:)

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

super cute, and I love the border fabric!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Lauren Deel said...

I love it! I'm newly obsessed with Kaffe and so saw the border and backing and said to myself, "Oooh... millifiori!" Lovely work.

Lisa in Port Hope said...

I love the way the inner border frames it, and the simplicity of the piecework just makes me want to wrap up a little squishy bundle in it.

Cathy said...

Very pretty little quilt. Love how scrappy it is!

Nicky said...

Thanks for joining up with Scraptastic Tuesday! Great little quilt and good idea to get those scraps used up.

Leanne said...

It's a lovely quilt, the border print really works so beautifully with your scraps! Thank you for sharing it for Scraptastic Tuesday.

01 09 10