Yesterday was SO productive! I had a wonderful day sewing with friends after which I came home and spent many more hours in my sewingroom working on a number of fun projects. Progress was made on 6 different quilts! One of the small projects I finished up were my August blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge with SoScrappy. This month's color is Indigo but we could substitute black or gray. As I used Indigo in my blue blocks, I decided to add a few blocks of gray in my quilt.
My pile of blocks is getting pretty big so I have decided to go ahead and sew up a quilt top for charity. My plan is to use more scraps for a colorful pieced outer border so I am working on that now.
Don't forget that there is a great event going on right now over at Quilts in the Queue. I have been participating in 100 Quilts for Kids for a couple of years now. You have until the end of September to link up your entries. This is a great opportunity to sew up those scraps, bring comfort to a child and maybe win a great prize!
What scrappy projects have you been working on?
Now it is time to link up and share what scrappy projects you have worked on this week. Here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!