Do you ever obsess about a block you have seen? I know I said I was going to try and just focus on finishes for the rest of the year but KnitNKwilt shared this block earlier this month on Oh Scrap! and I have thought about it ever since.
Last week I received some new dies for my AccuQuilt Studio fabric cutter and I just had to try them out. The one I was most excited about was the 4.5" multiple square.
I quickly pulled some pinks, oranges, plums and dark red scraps and got to cutting. Within minutes I had a big stack of luscious squares.
I already had a number of smaller blue squares I had previously cut using my 2.5" multiple die. These I started sewing into little 4 patches.
Here is my test block and I admit, I am in love! When more blocks get sewn and they are laid out together, I think it is going to be gorgeous and rich in color.
My Accuquilt cutter was an expensive purchase but now when I think of all the time I used to spend each evening cutting scraps into little squares and then waking up in the morning with stiff hands, it is worth every penny. Not to mention, my squares are really accurate now!
I also bought a 3.5" square die. I have future plans for that one too so stay tuned!
Now it is time to share what you have been making with scraps this week....
Here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!