Sunday, December 20, 2015

Oh Scrap! : Making Progress

There has not been a whole lot of scrap sewing going on at my house lately.   I had a few Christmas gifts I needed to sew (and will share after the holidays) and I have been busy with all the normal holiday activities.




Late last night, I did go ahead and finish up all the scrappy plus blocks I had been sewing as a leaders and ender project.  Right now I am a little anxious about this project.  I think it is one of those that I am going to have to try and give it some interest through the quilting.  Hopefully next week I will get the blocks sewn together and see how it looks.

How about you?  Have you found time to sew up some scraps?


**********************************


Now it is time to link up and share what scrappy projects you have worked on this week.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!







Linking Up:

Love Laugh Quilt
Patchwork Times
Cooking Up Quilts
Em's Scrapbag 


10 comments:

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I haven't sewn for a bit...hoping to change that starting today.

Anonymous said...

I know my Jane isn't a scrappy quilt but I keep at it. When she is finished, I'll have time to make scrappy again. Blessings, Gretchen

Linda said...

Looking forward to seeing your blocks sewn together! I've been quilting a lot trying to finish up some UFOs and WIPs, and frankly I'm getting tired of it - want to start on a new project! ;)

Ann D said...

My sewing machine has been stowed due to its room taken over my house guests. I plan to re-organize the week after Christmas and then I can get into the goove again.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I bet these blocks will take on a whole new pattern once they are sewn together! It will be fun to see how it develops!

Podunk Pretties said...

Looking good! Leader and ender quilts give me trouble. The trouble is I forget to lead and end with them!

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

When you put those blocks together, they will look totally different than they do now and work together beautifully. I haven't done much sewing, but my orange scrappy quilt is ready to be quilted when I get back to it. Have a wonderful holiday, and thanks for linking to Main Crush Monday! :)

Bonnie said...

Not much sewing going on here but A LOT of embroidering has my machine smoking! I am just about done with all little gifts and half way through wrapping. Then dessert making. Not too bad this year. Better than doing stuff at 11:00 pm Christmas eve! Happy Holidays.

Mary said...

Just found your page and thought I would share my most recent project on your link up. Love your scrap projects, and added your button to my blog - www.stitchinggrandma.wordpress.com
This year for me has been a variety of scrap projects, and I plan to do a "round-up" of those projects before New Years.

Anonymous said...

I really like the colors you have chosen for that block. Can't post my scrappy weekend's work till after it is received.

01 09 10