Recently, some fabric leftovers, orphan blocks/strip sets and scraps from Tula Pink's Prince Charming collection came my way. Rather than sort them into my color bins, I took a chance there was enough there to put together a baby quilt.
I started with the strip sets and the scraps and decided to make a modified 9 patch block. I put together as many as I could with the small pieces then I cut into the leftovers - making them stretch as much as I could.
I knew I didn't have anything in my stash for the backing so I kept some of the larger cuts for the backing. Knowing what my size limitations for the backing were, I knew how many blocks I needed for the front.
After trying many layout options, I decided to go with this diagonal one. With this quilt being made from scraps, I didn't have the luxury of a lot of fabric to choose from. The lighter diagonal colors seemed to give the quilt a bit of structure.
I was really happy there was such a large piece of the frog fabric for the backing. He adds so much charm to the back!
I am not sure where this quilt is headed. It may end up in my Etsy shop or I may decide to donate it. It was a fun challenge to put together. I think all I had to add was a few small white squares.
Scraps are my favorite!
Crazy Mom Quilts
A Quilted Passion