Friday, December 4, 2015

Tula Pink Scraps

Recently, some fabric leftovers, orphan blocks/strip sets and scraps from Tula Pink's Prince Charming collection came my way.  Rather than sort them into my color bins, I took a chance there was enough there to put together a baby quilt.


I started with the strip sets and the scraps and decided to make a modified 9 patch block.  I put together as many as I could with the small pieces then I cut into the leftovers - making them stretch as much as I could.


I knew I didn't have anything in my stash for the backing so I kept some of the larger cuts for the backing.  Knowing what my size limitations for the backing were, I knew how many blocks I needed for the front.


 After trying many layout options, I decided to go with this diagonal one.  With this quilt being made from scraps, I didn't have the luxury of a lot of fabric to choose from.  The lighter diagonal colors seemed to give the quilt a bit of structure.




 I was really happy there was such a large piece of the frog fabric for the backing.  He adds so much charm to the back!

I am not sure where this quilt is headed.  It may end up in my Etsy shop or I may decide to donate it.  It was a fun challenge to put together.  I think all I had to add was a few small white squares.

Scraps are my favorite!

Linking Up:

Crazy Mom Quilts
A Quilted Passion





14 comments:

Anne Simonot said...

This little quilt is adorable!

gayle said...

Proof once again that craps make the very best quilts!

gayle said...

Oops - make that scraps...
Oh, my...

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I agree that the lighter blocks on the front really help give structure to it. The frog panel on the back is delightful!

Mari said...

The back is just as nice as the front!

Sandra Walker said...

You did it again. So pretty! And where has that adorable frog fabric been all my LIFE?!

em's scrapbag said...

What a great use of these scraps! I love scraps too!

Preeti said...

Had to look real hard...eventually I saw the Frog. He is very scary and stern looking, but perfect for the dark quilt. You made the scraps come alive in a beautiful pattern.
Http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Andrea @ Mouse in My Pocket said...

I really like how this came out. What did your finished dimensions end up being?

Lara B. said...

Oooh - you really scored on that scrap giveaway! I love that froggy fabric too Cyndy. A very nice baby quilt!

Chantal said...

Oh my! There is a frog on the back!! Didn't notice till you mentioned it. I LOVE this quilt. Love the colours and the scrappy-ness. I don't think I could have pulled that one through. Great job and congrats on the cute finish. ;^)
scrap.and.quilts@gmail.com

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the greens and gold together, great layout, too! You are so creative in figuring out what to do with scraps!

Jasmine said...

Your diagonal squares really do add cohesiveness. So cute!

Cheryl said...

Great use of scraps! The lighter blocks really reinforce the diagonal pattern.

01 09 10