Sunday, January 10, 2016

Oh Scrap! : mangofeet


Are you like me and love to juggle a lot of scrappy projects?  If not, do you still like to see what goes through the mind of quilter that works on a number of projects at once?  Well, I would like to introduce you to someone who can juggle like no other!  And that is Gayle over at mangofeet.  I have been following her blog for about a year now and I always enjoy seeing what trouble she is up to.


Gayle is the reason why I started my own piglet quilt.  Here are a few of her recent blocks.
A plaid piggie.....Adorable!



To be most productive when working on a number of quilts, Gayle is sharing over on her blog how she plans ahead when cutting and keeps all her project blocks straight.  Like her, I prefer to have a number of block components all cut and waiting by my the machine. 

Hope you hop over to her blog and see what she is up to!

**********************************


Now it is time to link up and share what scrappy projects you have worked on this week.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!









8 comments:

Unknown said...

Your piglets are adorable!!

Turid said...

So lovely pigs. I'm tempted to try one myself.

gayle said...

Thanks for the kind words and the link!
I'm happy to spread the joy of Sally T's piglets everywhere I go. 8)
Piglets for everybody!


PS - I like your blog, too!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Gayle's posts are always so fun to read! One of the great ones I've found through Oh Scrap!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

My Made fabric project is emerging!! YAH!!! Happy SUnday Cyndy!

Nancy said...

Thanks for hosting this link-up, Cynthia.

Julie said...

Thank you for sharing any ideas on how to tame the scrap monster. I keep my scraps separated by shoe box/tub, but without regard to size. I know scrappers who separate by size, but by the end of a project I just want the scraps put away.

It's always fun to see what's up with those who love to sew with scraps. We have the neatest stashes, and can't figure out why we'd rather deal with a pile of bits than cut into pristine fabric. Why is this?

Linda said...

So she's the one responsible for your piglets! ;) I enjoyed her post and am adding her to my list - what fun! :)

01 09 10