When I walked into my sewing room last night, I realized that almost every surface was covered with a project involving scraps. So what do I do? I start yet another scrap project!
I am still trying to sew up the collections of scraps in my big basket. I was drawn to the bag of blue and green batiks that were saved from a project I decided to abandon.
The bag contains strips of green, blue and purple that are all cut to 1.5" and 2" widths. I thought I could turn this into another Color Block String Scrap-A-Palooza quilt pretty quickly and make it one of my donations to Hands2Help. I have very few batiks in my stash any more but I do have one more large cut I can use as a backing.
I am also just finishing up the binding on the finish from the flannel scraps I shared a few weeks ago from the same basket. I will be writing more about that this Friday. I will be hosting TGIFF for the first time so I hope you come up with something you can share!
But right now, I hope you share how you have been using your scraps.
Here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!