Sunday, August 14, 2016

Oh Scrap! : RSC16 August Blocks

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for August is a dusty purple.  Having already used a dusty purple in some of my previous blocks, I decided to go with gray for this month.  To make my blocks, I didn't have to travel very far from my cutting table for all the scraps I needed.  Guess I have been working with a lot of gray recently!




 On the top, are my 12 blocks for the RSC16 Column Along and on the bottom are two blocks for my donation kids' quilts I have been working on this year.












I was curious to see how all of my blocks for the column sampler look all together, so I took the time to put them up on a design wall.  I believe there are two more block designs to go but I think it is going to be fun!












******************************

What about you!  What scrappy projects are you working on. Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!








Linking Up:

Love Laugh Quilt (Monday Making)
Patchwork Times (Design Wall Monday)
Cooking Up Quilts (Main Crush Mondays)
Em's ScrapBag (Moving it Forward)
SoScrappy (RSC16)



19 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

amazing at times what we can create from our scraps

Libby in TN said...

Seeing all your columns together makes me wish I had kept up with that. It really shows the rainbow!

SandraC said...

I hate to admit it, but I gave up on my column sampler...now seeing yours, I'm regretting it!

Anonymous said...

Love all the colors coming together! Beautiful work! ~Melanie

Vic in NH said...

I love that when you placed your sampler columns, that they are all nicely graded by their values with the lightest at the top and the darkest at the bottom of the design wall. It adds so much mystery to the mix!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like that gradient from light to dark, too! Pretty layout!

Vera said...

Oh, I love grey and your sampler is looking fab!

PaulaB quilts said...

Thanks for putting up all the columns. It makes such a difference seeing them together.

gayle said...

Your columns look terrific! You're making me wish I'd played along, too...

Clare M said...

Looking so good Cynthia. It will certainly look like a beautiful rainbow. Gray is very nice.

Jayne Honnold said...

This is my first entry into your Linkup Party. Thanks for hostessing. I see so many great scrappy projects from the others, too. Nice diversity. I will try to become a regular. I am slowly getting the hang of these linkups. (Old dog; new trick. ;))

Rebecca Grace said...

Your strippy sampler looks beautiful! How fun!

Mary Huey said...

Love the column idea -- will you use sashing between the columns?

Susan said...

Love what you've got going on the design wall - definitely going to be a fun quilt!

Tu-Na Quilts said...

That rainbow scrappy quilt is looking gorgeous! We are just finishing up the shop hop trip of a lifetime! All quilters need to go on at least one of them. The car is full of lots of projects. I can't wait to get home and get them organized. I have enough fabric to keep me busy for a year. It's always fun to read the posts of those who link here. Hopefully, mine will be a bit different and refreshing.

em's scrapbag said...

I like to use gray in quilts. Your blocks look great the column quilt is going to be fabulous!

Kate said...

The column quilt is going to be awesome!

Mary Marcotte said...

I've been wanting to make a row quilt, but now you have thinking about a column quilt! I going to try to resist, but those blocks are looking fantastic.

Bonnie said...

What a bonus -- you were able to clean up the cutting table without actually having to put fabric away! And the end result is great! Every year I tel myself I'm going to actually do the color challenge and only once in the last three or four have I come close ... And I have four lonely blocks to show for it. Oh well!

01 09 10