Sunday, August 21, 2016

Oh Scrap! : Splendid Sampler Blocks

With temperatures up in the three digits lately, you can be sure I have been staying indoors where it is cool!  Come on Fall weather!

A bit of that time indoors has been spent sewing my Kaffe Fassett scraps into some blocks for my Splendid Sampler.  So far I have a total of 41 6" blocks completed.




I have sewn up five more of the actual Splendid Sampler blocks since the last time I shared my progress.  There have been a number of blocks that were either applique or embroidery that I chose not to include in my quilt.  I really want this quilt to be mostly pieced blocks.




I did add these four blocks from the Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Sampler QAL.  I always pick and choose each week the ones I like.












My finished blocks continue to grow on my design wall. I haven't settled on a final layout yet - there are still months of block making ahead!










 
******************************
What about you!  What scrappy projects are you working on. Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!







Linking Up:


Love Laugh Quilt (Monday Making)
Patchwork Times (Design Wall Monday)
Cooking Up Quilts (Main Crush Mondays)
Em's ScrapBag (Moving it Forward)





16 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your design wall is coming along pretty well with that sampler!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love the picture of your blocks up on the design wall! Looks like a black sashing would really make the bright colors in the blocks pop!

Jayne said...

This thing keeps growing and growing! I admire how you are sticking to it!

Kate said...

Very pretty blocks. It's going to be a gorgeous quilt when you get them all set together.

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Sometime I'll have to make a design wall. I sure enjoy seeing what's up on yours. One of my readers called my purchases my "Loot." So I took the idea, embellished it, and posted. It's a teaser of an embarrassing post coming ahead. Thanks for letting me link here. Karen

gayle said...

I love that layout, with some blocks set straight and some on point! And I like your decision to make mostly pieced blocks. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt!

Ivani said...

great choice of blocks for your sampler. Your desing wall is looking good. Well done with vibrant fabrics.

Barb Neiwert said...

Oooohhhh, it's lookin' good! What fun to work on it a little at a time and see the progress.

Gina said...

THey are looking fabulous. I love them against the black design wall

Run 'n Stitch said...

Your blocks look marvelous. So many tiny little pieces!! I only made it to week 10 or so.

Susan said...

Your sampler blocks are looking fantastic! This is going to make one pretty quilt, with a ton of interest!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Your blocks look beautiful on your design wall!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Your blocks are looking wonderful all together on the design wall! Lots of Kaffe colour there! Are you finding the fabric choices tricky?

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

Wow! Those Kaffe colors are looking so fantastic together! This is going to be a stunning quilt. Love!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Cynthia, those blocks are really coming along. Wow! and thanks so much for hosting great linky parties!

Hilary said...

Love the fabrics you're using for the Splendid Sampler blocks! Thanks for sharing at SEw Cute Tuesday!

01 09 10