Sunday, September 25, 2016

Oh Scrap! : Scrappy Quilting

Even though all of my scrap bins are overflowing, I have not been doing much sewing with them lately. My focus has been to finish some of my many quilt tops that need quilting!





Remember these blocks I started making just to use up those tiny turquoise trimmings?  It is now a quilt top and getting quilted this weekend.  That means I will be showing a scrappy finish soon!

*******************************

How about you? I hope you link up and share what scrappy projects you are working on!


Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is always great to make progress on a stack of quilt tops that need quilting - after all that is why we make them right - to finish them and use them

Anonymous said...

What a great looking top!

Barb Neiwert said...

Yay for finishing up projects - great accomplishment!

Kat said...

I LOVE those turquoise scraps! The borders you surrounded them with are perfect.

Rachel said...

Very pretty! I like those blue frames!

Heidi said...

It is so funny how an entire quilt can come from just trying to save a few scraps! Looks stunning!

Kalicocreations said...

What a pretty quilt! I am in the same boat as you, I have many tops that need to be made into completed quilts. I have been diligently working on that this year.
Terry

Kate said...

It's interesting to see all the directions people take left overs. Your direction was absolutely perfect for those trimmings.

Miaismine said...

Such a lovely quilt! Your quilting is lovely as well! It seems to really complement the blocks! Very nice! Thank you for sharing!

PaulaB quilts said...

Hearty congratulations on your People's Choice win. Your quilt deserved it because it had your heart put into it as you worked on it.

01 09 10