Sunday, February 19, 2017

Oh Scrap! : Not Forgotten

Last February I enthusiastically hopped on the Splendid Sampler bandwagon.  Even though I was already participating in a number of other quilt alongs, I just couldn't envision how these beautiful little  6" blocks could become a chore.

I did make it quite a few months but by last November, I found myself only making a couple blocks a month.  I finally decided to just put the project aside and alleviate the burden it had become.

But I haven't forgotten about them....



I recently got them out and counted them.  I have finished up a total of 52 blocks so far.
I put some of my favorites on the top of the stacks - aren't they pretty?




I still need to complete a few more blocks to achieve the layout I have in mind.
I believe it is time to get back to this project and finish them up.

So that is my current scrappy project.  Tell me what you are working on!


******************************************


It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!







22 comments:

Jayne said...

If you had not put this project aside, how many blocks would you have made? To me 52 blocks is a lot especially considering they are only 6" square! They are beautiful! I know you have something wonderful in mind...we shall wait with baited breath!

Cathy said...

Oh my...don't keep those blocks hidden away. They are so bright and cheery. Lovely colors and fabrics too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The ones you have showing are sure pretty! Looking forward to seeing what you do with them!

Kate said...

Lots of fun and bright blocks! Have fun finishing this one up.

Barb Neiwert said...

Wow! Look at that fun pile. That quilt will be a stunner!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the variety of star blocks that you have! I just finished my star top but another star quilt in in the near future and most likely more after that.

Marly said...

such lovely blocks; far to pretty to leave in a box! Have fun!

em's scrapbag said...

Your blocks look great! I need to start working mine again.

PaulaB quilts said...

Those are such bright and cheerful blocks. They deserve a finish so others can enjoy them.

Jo said...

I'm with you. I have only done about half

gayle said...

Love all those bright happy colors! I'm looking forward to whatever you do with them, even if it's just to show them to us now and then!

Nicky said...

Those are such beautiful blocks! You must be looking forward to putting them all together. Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

Karen's Korner said...

Such pretty blocks. Looking forward to seeing how you put them together.

Sandy Panagos said...

Your blocks are absolutely beautiful. I can't imagine that much work in 6" blocks. It's so cool.

Kristi said...

These blocks are wonderful!!! I think sometimes not 'finishing' a project as planned turns out to be another equally beautiful creation, just in a different way. I've done several BOM's that way. And in each case the 'different quilt from the orphan blocks' turned out to be something I really love! Can't wait to see how you put them together!

Nann said...

Your SS blocks are splendid indeed! Whether you make all the rest in the series or just stop here, you have a delightful group of blocks to play with.
I toyed with the idea of following that quilt-along and just got overwhelmed.

Jasmine said...

Such pretty blocks. I look forward to seeing more of them.

Erin @ MakeItSew said...

I love how colorful those blocks are, how fun.

Alison V. said...

These blocks are just fabulous! I can't wait to see them all together in a quilt!

Unknown said...

Forgotten projects are often more rewarding than beginning a new one - you've already got so much work done :)

Angie in SoCal said...

I have 50 also. Need to make a few more and then put them together. I'm making a twin size sampler. I don't need all 100. It's been fun.

Candace said...

The blocks on top of the stacks are so pretty. I hope some day we will get to see them all laid out. I bet the others are fabulous too! Can't wait to see how you will lay them out.

01 09 10