Sunday, March 26, 2017

Oh Scrap! : A New Project

Sewing-wise, I have been in a bit of a funk lately.  I don't want to work on ANY of the many projects that litter my sewing room.  I have been fighting the impulse to start something new but this weekend I decided to just allow myself some fun.




I have had an idea in my head for a scrappy quilt for spring so I decided to get out my Accu-Quilt Studio and get to cutting.  I first started cutting up some soft pinks.  My design required some 4.5" 3.5" and almost 300 2.5" squares.  My original plan for the background was to use some low volume scraps but I am not sure I will get the contrast I want.




I am now considering some navy prints.  I think I will go out and dig in the dirt a bit while I let the idea percolate.  I do know that I am NOT buying any fabric.  It is a super silly design idea and may not work so I want to keep the invest to a minimum. 

But if it works, it will be so darn cute!

******************************************


It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!







20 comments:

tisha @ quiltytherapy said...

Intrigued to see what you make with this color combo. I see Lotta fabrics in there too.

Jayne said...

You have got my attention now...what is she going to make?! I hope you had fun digging in the dirt, I'm sure it was great therapy! And you know you'll get back to business soon enough!

Kat said...

Well you're off to a good start, I love those colors! I had some of those​ Lotta pinks and they were without a doubt my favorite pinks ever.

Cathy said...

I end up with a fun sometimes too but make myself finish at least one thing (even if it's a top and not a complete finish) before I can start something new.

Have fun!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pink and navy sounds like a pretty combination! Have fun with your idea!

Chantal said...

From what I can see, you are off to a good start. I am working on a project similar to yours, in the sense that my project works in theory but not too sure if the outcome will work. Sometimes, going out on a limb is both thrilling and scary. Good luck with your project. ;^)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sometimes it seems we just have to put aside projects and start some thing new

CathieJ said...

I am looking forward to seeing this idea of yours. I joined your link-up without thoroughly reading that this is a scrap link. I will be more careful next time, but I will be following you from now on.

Shelley Folkerts said...

I love the blue prints, so it will be interesting to see what you are creating. Have a lovely day!

Jen said...

Having a new idea is a great way to get out of that sewing funk. I think we all know how it goes when we have multiple WIPs and don't want to work on any of them. :) That pink and navy sounds like a great combo. That has my vote.

Barb Neiwert said...

Sometimes you have to go with an idea while the idea is hot! What did you decide about the blue? Without knowing your layout, it seems like a great contrast.

Gail said...

It sure is hard to resist starting new & exciting projects. I will be waiting to see what you do with the pink and navy!

Teje Karjalainen said...

I love the look of your new project! Navy is really good with pink! x Teje

Ivani said...

Pinky and navy sounds great. I am curious about what are you comming up with.
As for me is always hard to resist starting a new project. Have fun!

Karen's Korner said...

This sounds interesting.....looking forward to seeing how it ends up.

kupton52 said...

Ohhh...is my curiosity piqued!!! I'll be anxious to see how this project comes together. For me, the only color combo better than pink/green (or pink/grey, pink/brown, or pink/black...lol) is pink and navy! I, too, have called a moratorium on fabric buying---and it's soooo hard!

Kate said...

I like the navy with the pinks. Looking forward to seeing what direction your go with it.

SarahZ said...

I love those pinks/orchids with the navys! A whole Lotta pretty potential!!!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Something new often helps me break out of a funk too! Hang in there...Spring will help too I"m sure. A little sunshine....

Clare M said...

Been on holiday Cynthia and just catching up. I laughed when you talked about not wanting to do any of the projects you have laying around....someone who has the same problems as me. Like the way it is percolating...Clare

01 09 10