Thursday, June 8, 2017

Covered In Love Progress - Two More Finishes

First, I really want to thank everyone who have generously sent in blocks for the May/June block drive for Covered In Love.  The response has been so heart-warming.  I can't believe how many blocks come in almost every day!

Please forgive me if I don't respond to each of you individually.  As I am sure you can imagine, finishing up these quilts as I still meet my quilting client needs has me on my toes.







But tucked in one of the block packages was a little gift from Rhode Island that has me now working under a sugar rush!  (Thanks)

The label says it is the "Official State Drink of Rhode Island".  It also says to make milkshakes with it or pour it over ice cream, pudding or cake....Who am I to argue?!




I have two CiL finishes to share with you today.  The first is from some blocks from the drive.  I was sent a whole bunch of beautiful red blocks in one package so I was able to use them to create a fun weave pattern with the other colors.




For the quilting, I went with soft curvy lines in a white thread.



I was also sent an entire quilt top filled with scrappy goodness!



The same quilter also included more than enough yardage for the backing.  Once I got it quilted up, I remembered a binding I had cut months ago that is always the wrong color for my quilts.  It worked perfectly on this one!





I have two more quilt tops pieced - one is on my quilt frame right now.  I also have blocks up on my design wall for quilt #6 just waiting to be pieced.  And based on the overflowing box of blocks I still haven't gotten to, there are at least a couple more quilts to come.

All this generosity makes my heart sing!

(And for those tracking my US map, I forgot to take a picture so I will need to share next time.  But states are filling up quickly!)



16 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The quilts look great; thank you to all who contributed and thank YOU for all you do to organize, finish, and donate these quilts!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are looking so good, Cyndy! It's wonderful how many blocks have been sent in. I meant to ask this a while ago - do you need someone to bind these? I know that would mean extra packaging and postage, but I would be happy to sew the bindings on any that you could use help with. Let me know!

Kat said...

Those are looking great! I love the wavy line quilting. That coffee syurp looks yummy! Thanks so much for doing this for covered in love :)

Jayne said...

These are looking great! I love the red. You do need a sugar boost to stay on top of the blocks. You are doing a fantastic job!

Quilter Kathy said...

Great to hear! I have some yellow blocks made for you and will pop them in the mail!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Such fun finishes and for a good cause. I'm glad you've had so much success in collecting the blocks. You are fantastic for doing all of this. --Andrea

Andrea Stoeckel said...

Eclipse! God, I think I'd have bled this stuff as a kid growing up. A coffee cabinet is simply coffee milk... started as a way to use up cold coffee. It is made of coffee...and sugar,natch. Enjoy.....

Marianne said...

You're doing a great job keeping up with things! I've never heard of the coffee syrup but I bet it's good on chocolate ice cream! :) not that you need any suggestions.

Pamela Arbour said...

Your quilts turned out beautiful. Thanks for sharing about the syrup too. I will have to tell my daughter-in-law. She is always looking for new coffee flavors.

Mary Marcotte said...

Fabulous finishes, Cynthia! You are really on a roll this week. Thanks for all the work you put into such a great cause.

sewyouquilt2 said...

beautiful quilts. yes I too grew up on coffee syrup drinks and was not aware it is a New England thing till I got older. thought everyone had access to the elixir of the gods LOL. enjoy!

Kate said...

The weave quilt turned out beautifully! Congrats on all the finishes. Looking forward to seeing all those donated blocks show cased in finished projects.

Louise said...

How fun that someone sent you an entire top! All these CiL quilts are looking so great and will be deeply appreciated, I'm sure. Thanks for sharing your progress so we can follow along :)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Beautiful quilts and lovely quilting. What colours!

Jasmine said...

I've been catching up with your blog. I love what you are doing with these bright blocks. So lovely for CiL.

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

Beautiful quilts! Thanks for linking to Finished or Not Friday!

01 09 10