Sunday, April 30, 2017

Oh Scrap! :CiL

Have you heard of Kat's (Kat and Cat Quilts) Covered in Love quilt drive?  I am always so amazed with the amount of work and commitment Kat puts into making these quilts so I got to thinking recently I wanted to give her a bit of a break (she rarely gets to work on her own quilts) and I would host one of her quilt block drives!



I asked Kat if we could possibly use one of my Scrap-A-Palooza blocks for the May-June drive and we decided on these fun and bright string blocks.  There will be links to all of the steps I used for making my blocks.  The CiL block drive will be using the same colorways.

You can read more about Kat's block announcement post here.



So if you want, you can send your blocks directly to me and I will sew them up, quilt and bind them into finished quilts and send them off to Kat.  It will be fun to see how many different layout designs I can come up with using the blocks you send. 

You can email me for my address at cynthiabdesigns (at) gmail (dot) com.

This will be a great way to use up some of those Scraps!


******************************************


It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!







19 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Cyndy, what a sweet and generous idea! I always make a few blocks to send to Kat during the different block drives, so I'll make some of these for you this time around. That is one of my favorite of your Scrap-a-Palooza quilts, so it will be fun to make some blocks.

Cathy said...

How nice of you to give Kat a break. I make quilts for a couple of other charities or I'd send a few blocks.

Quilter Kathy said...

I would love to contribute blocks to this project!
Do you have a specific colour need or should I just make a couple of the red, orange, yellow and purple ones?
Can you send me your address?

Ivani said...

So mice of you help with Covered in Love. The volunteer work of love is the best ever. Congratulations for your generosity.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a sweet thing for you to do for Kat!! Hoping that I can dig out some strings and send some blocks your way. I always LOVE to help when my stash cooperates!!

Unknown said...

What size is a "string".
Shelia stitchedfromtheheart2@gmail.com

Kristi said...

So wonderful that you are hosting! I love Kat's block drives! I've been working through my aqua strings for the last couple months, I'll have to check on these other colors!

Mystic Quilter said...

I love the colour in these blocks of yours, and easy to sew strips up and for a good cause!

Louise said...

Thanks for helping out with this block drive, Cyndy! These blocks will be fun to make and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilts :)

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Thank you so much for your generosity and help for Kat and her amazing mission. I love your block and it was a cinch to make. I've got 9 blocks going in the mail for you (Kat gave me your address) later this week.

MissPat said...

What a cool thing for you to do. I'll be happy to help out. I like doing donor quilts, but it just cost me almost $14.00 to mail my H2H quilt, so sending a few blocks will be a relief to the budget. Thank you for pitching in to help CIL.

Pat

Nann said...

I'll try to make a few blocks!
When will your weekly linkup be live?

Nann said...

Never mind my previous question -- I clicked and got to the link up.

tisha @ quiltytherapy said...

This will be a nice challenge for the strings I have in my scrap tubs.

Ruth said...

What a lovely idea. Will have a rummage through my scraps and see what I can put together.

Marianne said...

I'm in! Send me your address, please. This is so nice of you!

Cindy said...

I want to send blocks too! What a nice thing to do! My guild just wrapped up our 25th anniversary quilt show last weekend and I needed something mindless to do while I re-charge. This was perfect as I have tubs of color sorted strings just waiting. Love the way you add the sashing as you sew. Had to try it. Love your blog & quilts!!!!

just need your mailing address now please....

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Cindy Beal- you are a no reply so I have no way to contact you with my address. Please email me directly at cynthiabdesigns at gmail dot com. thanks!

Judy Hansen said...

FYI - Since Judy Laquidara is no longer doing "Design Wall Mondays", I talked to her and got permission to continue Design Wall Mondays at my blog: http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

I hope to see your posts on future Mondays, Judy Hansen

01 09 10