Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Improv Stripes

Every Fall, Amy Ellis hosts the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  Lots of blogger's link up their favorite recent finishes - so it makes for a great place to find inspiration and new blogs to follow.


I always look forward to this event. 
It really is amazing to see all of the lovely finishes that get shared!






I thought I would share the #improvstripes quilt I made following Debbie's (A Quilter's Table) quilt along.  I wasn't sold on the quilt when I first started out, but now that it is finished, it is one of my favorite quilts.




I restricted myself to bright blues, red and a bit of bright yellow.  Love those primary colors!  I paired those with black, whites and a few bits of gray.





For the quilting, I used a black thread and quilted squares/lines all going in different directions.
Improv geometric quilting!



Here are some links to quilt entries from past events.

Fall 2016: Colorwash Tumber
Fall 2016: Bamboo Shoots

Fall 2015: ROYGBIV Circles
Fall 2015: Scrappy Pineapple

Spring 2015: Rainbow 9 Patch
Spring 2015: Life is a Highway

Fall 2014: Wiggle Time
Fall 2014: Vertical Scraps


Spring 2014: Appliqued Flowers
Spring 2014: Geese Migration


Fall 2013: Star Surround


Quilting is more fun than Housework


If this is your first visit here, I invite you to stop in here on Sundays to link up your scrappy projects with Oh Scrap!  Even if you don't have a scrap project, you can check out all the wonderful projects other quilters are making with theirs!



17 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I think sticking with some basic colors makes an improve quilt "hold together."

Havplenty said...

This is an awesome quilt and the colors play well together. I surely would keep it if it were mine.

Debbie said...

oh I'm so glad to see this! I love your choice of primary colors and your finish is really awesome! :-)

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

What a great improv quilt!

straythreads said...

Great color combination

Turid said...

I really love this quilt.

Cheryl said...

Great quilt! I love how the quilt is random but very cohesive due to your color palette.

Creativeclutterroom said...

Beautiful quilt!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Wonderful improv quilt! I love it!

audrey said...

Such a bright, zingy quilt! Love how it has so much personality!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I really like this quilt. The patterned fabrics give it such zing and the variety of the stripes makes it sing.

Kate said...

It's such a bright and fun quilt. Isn't it funny sometimes how you can hate a project at first and then when it's finished find that you love it?

Tu-Na Quilts said...

This is a fun, bright quilt. Love the color combinations you chose.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I commented when you posted this quilt on your blog. Good choice for the Blogger's Quilt Festival entry!

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

This is a great quilt. So colorful and love the improv.

Louise said...

This is one my my favorites of your quilts! It's so quirky and unique.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a fun scrappy quilt Cynthia! Thanks for sharing.

01 09 10