Sunday, January 28, 2018

Oh Scrap! : Last of the Blues

It was so nice to see so many quilters link up their scrappy projects last week.  I think it was the most ever!  There have been lots of new blogs and even some Instagram posts in the last few weeks.  I really enjoy all the inspiration!


Soon we will be moving onto a new Rainbow Scrap Challenge color, so I thought I would spend Saturday afternoon sewing up another blue Burgoyne Surround block.



That brings my total finished block count up to seven.  It has been dark and rainy here in Oregon so you can't really see the colors well.  But I am really happy with how it is looking.  I was going to stop at nine blocks but I am afraid the quilt will be too small.  I thought I was almost finished but now it looks like I am only halfway done!



******************************************


It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!








13 comments:

Kate said...

Your Burgoyne Surrounded blocks are coming together nicely. I love the secondary pattern these blocks make.

Ivani said...

Beautiful blocks Cynthia! Like the way they form a X chain.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love those blocks they look so pretty together. I will be working on one or more of my scrappy quilts today

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I was thinking the same as other commenters above - it's fun to see that chain pattern emerge! Are you planning any sashing for these blocks?

Jayne said...

You have your work cut out for you!! It's looking great and I say keep going. It most likely helps to take it slow when making this complicated block. I would get totally confused if there was more than one at a time!

Cathy said...

Wonderful! And bigger is better (sometimes)!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

That's a beautiful pattern!

Ann said...

I've planned to make Burgoyne Surrounded for years but haven't started yet. Must get busy.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

I finally have a project to link up that I consider as being scrappy.

gayle said...

You know I'm a big Burgoyne fan! Love to see your blocks adding up!

Vivian said...

Loving your Burgoyne blocks! Yet another "one day" project I've seen today. I need the days to get longer if I'm going to get to them all!

KatieQ said...

The Burgoyne blocks look great. It's nice to have a long term project to work on. I've really enjoyed seeing all of the quilts being linked up at your blog each week. It's a great way to stay motivated. Thanks for making it possible.

Sandy Panagos said...

Burgoyne Surrounded is a challenging block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. You have some fun ahead of you!

01 09 10