Sunday, February 25, 2018

Oh Scrap! : Lucky Number Eight

I had a nice big block of sewing time Saturday afternoon so I thought I would cut and sew another Burgoyne Surround block.




This one is block number 8 out of 9.  It is probably my favorite so far.  Not just because I really like the fabrics in it but it is the first block that I completed without having to get out my seam ripper.

I am sure that now means my next block will be a total mess!


******************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!

Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!










Linking Up:


20 comments:

Jayne said...

A very good reason why this is your favorite of the bunch! It gets frustrating ripping seams, even if it's for the greater good!

Libby in TN said...

Gotta love it when scrap comes together! Pretty block.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is always so nice when the seam ripper doesn't need to come out to play. 8 out of 9 blocks! almost ready to put it together looking forward to see the end result

Chantal said...

I really love this one too. Maybe it's the color combo that makes it so sweet to my eyes. Good luck with number 9. ;^)

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

That's a great block, and I love your fabrics too. Maybe the next one will be as easy as this one ;)

Kate said...

Congrats on finding some stitching time this weekend. Your block turned out beautifully!

Marti said...

That is a beautiful block, and it looks absolutely perfect. It looks really difficult too. I'm sure the next one will go smoothly now that you are in the groove.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's always reason to celebrate when you don't need the seam ripper! I really like that lighter blue print!

chrisknits said...

LOL, you’ve ginxed yourself now! Lovely block.

Quilting Gail said...

Yeah!!! (for not having to use a seam ripper!!! :-) ~ Quilting Gail

Ivani said...

Another beauty block. Just one more and you will made, another beautiful quilt I am sure.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Yes, another lovely block! How long does it take to make each one, without unpicking?

Kristin said...

I love blue and grey together. This will be an amazing quilt!

gayle said...

Hurray for painless Burgoynes! It always cracks me up that we finally get good at assembling these complex blocks right at the point we're done making them!

Louise said...

I used my seam ripper a whole bunch today, so the universe remains balanced. I'm glad you got the benefit of the other end of the spectrum, especially on a BS block! :)

Ann said...

If you were me, that's exactly what it would mean. They are all enticing.

Bonnie said...

I'm sure your "best friend" missed spending quality time with you. Luckily I scatter seam rippers all around the sewing area as well as in the room with the TV. It's always handy if needed! Glad you didn't need it.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

This is such a beauty of a block and that touch of purple/mauve adds so much to it.

Angie said...

Love your Burgoyne fabrics! LOL about the seam ripper - my most recent BS avoided the ripper, too, so I guess my next one is cursed as well!

KatieQ said...

It's a great feeling not to have to pull out the seam ripper. Some days, I spend more time taking stitches out than I do sewing. I've been enjoying seeing your progress on these blocks.

01 09 10