Sunday, July 8, 2018

Oh Scrap! : Red

July is already here and it is time to get out the red scraps and sew some blocks for my newest Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts.




I recently finished all the blocks for my previous RSC quilts so I am starting on two new quilts.  I will do just one block a month of the zigzag block and two to three of the quarter log blocks.  
They both sew up very quickly!



I already have five total now of these quarter log beauties.  The blocks will finish at 10" and I will set them on point. This quilt is going to be very bright when it is finished.



These blocks will be made into a donation quilt.  I am planning on having blocks in 10 different colors but I haven't settled on a size yet.  I will need to go back and make a second block in some of the colors once I make a decision.

Next, I need to finish up my Squared Away sampler blocks and I will have all of my red sewing completed!


******************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!

Quilting is more fun than Housework











Linking Up:



18 comments:

Ivani said...

I like your quarter log cabin blocks with the black and white nine patch.
Easy blocks make beautiful quilts.
Have a great week Cynthia

Kate said...

You've got a great start on your new scrappy projects. Hope you get in lots of scrappy stitching this week.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those quarter log cabin blocks with the center 9 patch are really calling to me, lol! I have a lot of strings right now, so I'll have to keep those in mind when I start playing with them!

Julie in GA said...

Your new RSC blocks are great! I love the quarter log cabins with the B/W 9-patches--so simple, yet absolutely gorgeous!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely red blocks! I love the logs with black and white squares ;)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love those blocks you are doing - those will make some pretty quilts

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice start on your RED blocks for the RSC!! Your new block sets make me want to race up to the studio and start something new, too. Shame on you for tempting me so!!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I really like both of the new types of blocks you have made. Such great ideas for scrap quilts.

Karen's Korner said...

Another inspiring block.

Alice said...

I really love your quarter log blocks. Is it your pattern? I would love to make some.

MissPat said...

Wow, aren't you being disciplined. Only two new RSC blocks plus the RSC sampler. I keep seeing ne blocks pop up that I want to add to the list, but I really have to concentrate on getting some done.
Pat

Bonnie said...

Wait, did I read you were just about done with your red blocks. Hold on... Back again -- yes you did imply you are done with the reds. Great job. Still love those half log cabin blocks with the 4 patches.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

The little 9 patch combination with the log version is very striking Cynthia. Love it.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I really like those blocks with the 9 patches - I have a lady who makes 9 patches by the millions - and think I may show her your photo! that would be so cool

Vicki in MN said...

I really really like the black and white checkerboard addition to these quarter log blocks, see you did it again...giving me more ideas than I have time for, LOL

Denise said...

I've been thinking about a log cabin to use up some scraps so I look forward to your layout. Thank you for hosting the link party.

Annette said...

I have been searching for an idea to use up an abundance of black scraps! I think the zig zag idea will be perfect. Do you mind sharing the measurements?

Sandy Panagos said...

I'm loving the 9-patch log cabins! Setting them on point looks really good!

01 09 10