Sunday, August 5, 2018

Oh Scrap! : Orange

A new month means a new color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  
August is orange...definitely a favorite color of mine!



First up is my zigzag blocks.  These 12" blocks will eventually make a donation quilt.  I know I am going to need two blocks in some colors but I will determine what those will be later.  Right now I am just making one block a month.



I also pulled a bunch of strings and finished up three of my half log cabins.  Some leftover nine patches were the inspiration on this design.  I really like how they are turning out.

I still need to make a couple blocks for my Squared Away Sampler and my fruit/veggie quilt in orange.  I look forward to seeing all the orange scrappiness this month!


*********************************************************
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework







Linking Up:

13 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the black and white blocks in this it really adds something! I don't know if I would have thought of that but I really like it

Wendy F said...

I love your black and white project! Thanks for all your scrappy inspiration!!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful orange blocks! Love the black and white little four patches, they always look amazing on your blocks!😍

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm a fan of your quarter log cabins with the 4 patch, too, but I always forget how much I like them until you show a new color each month. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with them!

Ellie said...

Love the colors and you LC blocks are going to make a lovely quilt!

Karen's Korner said...

Building around those 9 patches gives the block an interesting start.

Linda said...

What a great idea to use a black and white 9 patch block for the start of your porange blocks. Very effective: the blocks remind me of handkerchief skirts.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Cynthia you really do have an eye for pairing up your fabrics.

Ann said...

Love the black and white nine-patches centering your housetop blocks.

Susie H said...

Orange is a favorite color of mine too! Love both sets of blocks you've got going this week!!! You can't beat orange & gray in my book.

em's scrapbag said...

Great blocks, especially the log cabin ones. Thanks for sharing with Moving it Forward.

Jasmine said...

It’s fun to see the variety in your orange scraps. I’m wondering if you will do carrots, oranges, or something different.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the orange, especially your last three blocks!

01 09 10