Sunday, October 14, 2018

Oh Scrap! : Leaf Blocks

A busy schedule kept me out of my sewing room for most of the week.  But thankfully I had a few hours on Saturday to sew a few scraps.



I decided just to sew a few leaf blocks this month for my Rainbow Scrap Challenge garden quilt.  I will probably make a few more of both of these blocks in future months.  I see the maple leaf as a filler block and I would like to see some in yellows, oranges and brown.  And one more sprout block is needed in a brighter spring green.

But those probably won't happen until 2019.
There will be a break now until January when a new color is announced.
(But don't worry - I have lots of oth3er things to work on!)


*********************************************************
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework







Linking Up:


10 comments:

Kate said...

Those sprout blocks are such fun. I've got that project marked as a potential for the 2019 RSC challenge. Hope you get more time to stitch this week. It's no fun being too busy to make it to the sewing room.

Cathy said...

Your garden is growing! It's always fun to see what sprouts up in your garden.

Jayne said...

I have no doubt you will have ideas! This is coming along and is sure to be amazing when finished...whenever that may be!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your green leaves are scrappy and fun! Will they go into your veggie quilt?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your leaf blocks and glad I am finally able to join in this week - I have been trying to follow along as I could and finally have wifi this weekend.

Run 'n Stitch said...

Aren't you glad you had a little time in your sewing room this week. Your scrappy sprout and maple leaf are really great.

Karen's Korner said...

Anytime in the sewing room is good....pretty leaf blocks.

jann said...

Can't wait to see what sprouts from those stems and leaves! I keep meaning to do that challenge every year but they always start with colors I don't have. Maybe in January, when I'm organized!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

your leaves are cute! Glad you had a bit to get back in the sewing room.... I sorta miss mine when I'm gone too long ;-)

JanineMarie said...

Leaf blocks make me giddy, so I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with these!

01 09 10