Friday, August 9, 2019

Another Special Gift

After finishing my nephew's quilt for graduating from high school, I moved on to a gift for my niece - who just graduated from college.  

Now that she has her own place and a great job, she recently got a new dog.




Meet Norman!  He is cuteness overload!  




When I saw the "Chi Chi Chihuahua" paper pieced pattern from UnicornHarts, I knew I needed to make it into a pillow for my niece.

It was challenging to make a completely white dog but there are subtle differences in the fabrics I used.  In person, you can better see the face.  There are so many tiny pieces in each section but it was fun to paper piece again.




I made it 18" to fit the pillow form I already had. 

 I think it is cute - but not as cute as Norman!







Linking Up:


17 comments:

Pat said...

Yep, the pillow is cute, but Norman is cuter.

Kate said...

Very fun! A very nice likeness of Norman.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Too cute, but yes Norman is cuter. Looks like it took lots of tiny pieces to create that sweet face.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That gift is SEW sweet!! I'm sure your niece appreciates the pillow in Norman's likeness. What a good aunt you are!!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Cute. Agreed Norman is cuteness overload

KaHolly said...

Too, too cute! Her dog could have been the model for that pattern! Bet she loves her new pillow!

Louise said...

Hi, Norman! What a lucky dog you are to have your very own, custom pillow :)

PaintedThread said...

Excellent! What a cute pillow!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That@ the perfect gift for your niece! It turned out great - I bet they will both love it!

Barb N said...

That's a pretty darn cute pillow. Norman will be impressed!

Jayne said...

How cute is that?! Those big pink ears are adorable and the sparkle in the eyes...perfect! Your niece and nephew have to be over the moon.

chrisknits said...

That face is just adorable!!! On the pillow and on the peppers!

Rebecca Grace said...

That's adorable, Cynthia, and it DOES look like Norman! Your niece must be over the moon. :-)

Melanie said...

That's as sweet gift. And indeed made of a million pieces. Enjoy your finish! xo Melanie

www.mellmeyer.de

Charlotta said...

Of course Norman is cuter, because Norman isn’t a Chihuahua! For purposes of the pillow, that doesn’t matter at all! It is adorable and does look quite a bit like Norman, but if I were Norman’s mom, I’d take offense to him being referred to as a Chihuahua! He’s very much a terrier of some sort! In my opinion, a much nicer sort of dog!

Emily said...

This is so cute!!! Almost as cute as Norman. I bet she loves it!

Sandy Panagos said...

That pillow is just precious! Norman is pretty special, too!

01 09 10