Sunday, November 10, 2019

Oh Scrap! : Group Project

My RSC Bright Hope blocks are turning into a group project!

Last Sunday, I shared how my Bright Hope blocks were turning into a chaotic mess.




Just as I was getting ready to scrap the blocks, I decided to group them by color.
I shared how it had saved this projects for now.  



A few readers shared some more great ideas to turn this project around.  One reader gave me an idea on how to use my brown blocks.  I grouped three together and they will become spacer blocks along the top/bottom to create a staggered look.

I was also given the great idea to frame my blocks in a solid.



I loved both of these ideas so I spent some time this week executing them and here is an idea of how they will work in a quilt.  I will make a total of nine big blocks so the quilt will be a lot longer.  

I have pinned a list of the colors I want to these blocks and I will finish it up in 2020 Rainbow Scrap Challenge season.

A big thanks to everyone for your great ideas and your weekly support!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter




Linking Up:

10 comments:

Libby in TN said...

It takes a Village ...

Quilter Kathy said...

isn't it so awesome when creative ideas from blog readers help move a project forward... I love that!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's fun to get ideas from readers - they make you consider something you hadn't thought of before! I like the idea to use some of your blocks differently here to offset the big blocks. Enjoy your Sunday, Cyndy!

gayle said...

I love when this kind of group effort comes together! You never know which idea is going to spark the perfect solution - and so often it's a combination of lots of different people's contributions!

Louise said...

Isn't it amazing how some borders/sashing can make such a HUGE difference? I'm so glad these blocks are finding their way :)

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely large blocks and such a great name for for the block pattern.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I really like these blocks - sorting them by color was a great idea!

Pamela Arbour said...

It will be fun to see how they all come together.

Barb N said...

Yay, you've not only saved yourself from the chaotic mess, but will come up with a fantastic quilt design. Gives credence to the lyric "I get by with a little help from my friends." Don't we all?

Nann said...

What a clever solution to your dilemma! And now you have your RSC 2020 project all lined up.

01 09 10