Sunday, February 16, 2020

Oh Scrap! Half Square Triangles

There are always multiple projects going on in my sewing room.  While I have been sewing up the Covered in Love blocks and my RSC blocks, I have also been working on sewing up some miscellaneous triangles that came to me in a scrap bag.



I paired them up with some Kona Shadow and have been trimming them to 4.5" square.





 I finally finished them and decided to start playing with layouts.  This is what is up on my design wall now.  I think I will go ahead and sew this up.  It should finish up at 36" x 40".




Some of the triangles were too small so I put them in my color bins.  

Oh dear, all of my bins are close to overflow.
I had better start planning a lot more scrap quilts!!

So let's see your scrappy projects.  I need some inspiration and quick!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

17 comments:

Chantal said...

I have an overflowing container of triangles I need to do something with. Your quilt is inspiring. Thanks. It looks like your scraps are calling your name. Enjoy! ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great use of some gifted HSTs, Cynthia!! Enjoy stitching this together.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the Kona Shadow background - it pulls everything together! That's a great design for the HSTs, too. This will make a great little quilt!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

too many scraps and we can never seem to keep up with them

Jayne said...

Love the HST layout. You certainly do have some scraps! I have a feeling you'll come up with something to deplete your stash, even just a little bit! There are always so many possibilities and we have confidence that you'll come up with something very soon if you haven't already!

chrisknits said...

I had to get in to a scrap box and the next thing I knew I had 2 pouch project scraps laid out on my cutting table! That's on tap for today's sewing.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wow! I love your color bins! It is wonderful to see all those scraps just waiting to become awesome quilts.

Linda said...

I really like your layout choice for those HSTs; it's amazing what a simple HST can do! OK now I feel better about my scrap bins after seeing yours - lol!

maggie fellow said...

best picture of scrap bins - so much fun so little time

Cheryll said...

Scraps bins seem to take on a life of their own, don't they. Always growing no matter what we do to use them up. Although you certainly do your best with scrappy designed quilts. Nice job on the latest one too...xox

lynn said...

I love your hst treatment. Definitely something for me. I'm making selvedge rectangles for a big project.(secret sewing stuff)

Louise said...

I love your bins! So great that you can see right into them and contemplate your next projects :)

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh just look at those scrap bins!! Don't they look delicious and I wonder how many quilts could be created from the contents!!

Lori said...

Those scrap bins look like LOTS of fun!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ahhh!! Your bins - even close to overflowing - are so organized!! I love it!!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Beautiful Triangles...love the way you put it together. I really like your bins...I'll have to give that a try. Have a great day!

BB said...

I am SOOO happy I read your blog today! I made the same batik/grey HSTs last week, but had them up on my design wall in a different order, and just didn't like the result! I decided to leave them there until I could figure it out. Bingo - you had the answer! Just a little swirl here and there, and "viola!", instantly better!

01 09 10