Sunday, June 21, 2020

Oh Scrap! : Colorful Chains

I can't believe another week has already gone by.  Where does the time go?!


Most of my sewing has been occurring late at night.  I did get a chance to finish up three more RSC blocks in pink.  It is hard to see in this (late night) photo but I chose mostly hot and dark pinks for these blocks.



I didn't use any light shades of pink because I was afraid they would stand out - or maybe I should say fade away.  Here are all the blocks to date.  I am going for 30 blocks so I think some blocks in gold, purple, brown and maybe dark gray will finish this quilt off.




Most of my daylight hours that I am not working on client quilts, I am out in my gardens.  Lots of berries to harvest right now and my daylilies are starting to bloom.  With over thirty different varieties growing throughout my yard, there is color inspiration everywhere!


I have a TON of strawberries his year - tell me your favorite recipes!
I have already made jam and I have frozen some (with rhubarb) for strawberry/rhubarb crumble this winter.  I am running out of ideas!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



Linking Up:


14 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

Great lookin double four patch chain blocks, Cynthia! Going to be a gorgeous quilt.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your yard must really be amazing with all those daylilies and the other things you grow! I like your pink chain blocks and what they add to the mix of colors, too. It looks like the hot and dark pinks were the right choice! Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Jayne said...

I'd love to see a full on photo of your yard! I bet it's amazing. Since I don't have a passion for cooking anything, sadly I cannot offer recipes! I do love Rhubarb though! Your late night sewing is very productive!

Sarah Aldrich said...

Go to smitenkitchen.com both the strawberry cake and strawberry milk are great.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Congrats on the bumper crop of strawberries! We like to make smoothies with strawberries, yogurt, a banana, and a little honey. They can easily be made with frozen berries. Also strawberry ice cream. And strawberry sauce for pound cake or cheesecake. Good luck!

LA Paylor said...

those blocks are so fun! I love how they lead your eye from color to color

gayle said...

I do love those blocks! And I think you're wise to stay away from the lighter pinks - they'd be easily overwhelmed!
Love seeing your garden pics, as well, and envying your daylilies!

The Joyful Quilter said...

The shades of PINK you chose work well in your collection of blocks, Cynthia. Thanks for sharing that photo of the design wall. Looking good!!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
I've finished my pink blocks for RSC and am now going back to January and playing catch up...Your lilies are beautiful. Have a great day!

Joni said...

Hi! Loving your hot pink blocks. A go to fresh strawberry recipe for our household is no bake strawberry pie, it can also be a topping for cheesecake or whatever you like.
1 quart of strawberries
1 cup white sugar
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 cup cool water

Arrange 1/2 of the berries in your pie shell of choice (graham cracker, pastry or shortbread) OR already made cheesecake (works well for a 9x13 cheesecake squares dessert for potluck).
The other half of the strawberries get smashed and mixed with the sugar, bring to a boil - stirring often. Meanwhile, mix cornstarch and water. When the berries and sugar are melted together add cornstarch water mixture. Over medium heat, bring back to a boil until the sauce is clear. Pour sauce over the whole strawberries. Serve with fresh whipped cream. OH MY YUMMYness.

MissPat said...

If you make smoothies, you could just freeze some whole strawberries on a cookie sheet, then pop them in a freezer bag. Throw a cup full into your favorite smoothie recipe.
Pat

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Love seeing bits of your garden flowers. We've been doing tons of yard work this summer so very little sewing is happening right now. When I was growing up we had strawberries and it was always my job to pick them. I chore I came to dislike because of the slope they grew on but I sure loved eating them.

Rebecca Grace said...

I love how this RSC of yours is coming together. Also love your beautiful lilies!!

Jannette said...

I'd love to see more photos of your lilies! We're slowly adding to our collection (I think we have 7 different ones so far?).
I found this strawberry-rhubarb galette recipe - it's delicious and very easy to make! https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/strawberry-rhubarb-galette/ I'm going out for more strawberries - the rhubarb will come from our garden.

01 09 10