Sunday, June 7, 2020

Oh Scrap! : Just Two

After I finished my pink string blocks for this quilt, I started cutting the strips for one of my 2020 Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts.



For past colors, I have been making three blocks.
But I decided just to make two this month in pink.



I realized my quilt is already getting quite big.  I still want to add yellow, purple and maybe a bit of brown and gray.  And I only need ten more blocks to finish my quilt.

It is hard to believe we are over halfway done already with our RSC quilts!

What scrappy things have you been working on?


*********************************************
It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

like all the scraps on your wall they always turn into beautiful quilts

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is turning into a great design! Our projects are definitely needing those warm colors right now, aren't they? Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
That's what I got done this past week. 2 of each pink blocks..
have a great day!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Scrappy baskets and mini quilts have been taking up most of my time. Your PINK blocks for the RSC were a great addition to your collection!

Bonnie said...

Good grief! When did June get 1/3rd over? (Or almost a third!) And, thinking about it, we are almost half done with this year. Love your little blocks. You might have one and a half quilts out of these rail blocks. Or maybe you'll want to make it bigger. It's a lovely, colorful quilt. I like the use of bright colors with some not-so-bright colors. It'll be fun to see how this grows over the next few months.

Mystic Quilter said...

Yes you're about half way through RSC 2020 now and looks like you're going to have a good size colourful scrappy quilt at the end of the year.

Susie H said...

I haven't even start Pink Month! I was so anxious to get away from the dark green and yet I'm dragging my feet. I did cut my pink strips for the hexies of Heartfire and the pieces for Awesome Land (which I use for leaders & enders while sewing Heartfire) so at least some progress was made. Just not share-worthy at this point! Lol! Love your rail fence blocks. Will eventually make a beautiful quilt!

01 09 10