Sunday, June 9, 2013

Fish Lips and All

So I have tried to be good and focus on getting half finished projects completed but I am in need of a color fix.  I am craving Big - Bold - Bright with a whole lot of Crazy.  And where do I go to crush that craving but to my stash of designer Westminster Fabrics - more specifically, Brandon Mably.


 


Here are some of the fabrics that have made the first cut.  I am wanting to play with strong colors and geometric patterns.

But you might be asking where do fish come into play?


The focus fabric on this quilt will be Brandon Mably's Gone Fishing fabric.

I have been petting and cherishing this fabric for quite some time.    The print is HUGE and the fish make me smile.







I have collected two different colorways and I think both will make it into this quilt.


Isn't this little puffer fish awesome!?!








 

And you can't make a crazy fish quilt without including Brandon's whimsical 'Fish Lips' fabric.



So there you go, if you have been losing sleep over this question - fish do apparently have lips!


Here is what I have so far.  Now I need to make some final desicions on some solids and small scale prints.

I will definitely share the finished top with you soon!










For more giggles, here is a picture of a quilt a friend made using the same fish fabrics in bright citrus colors.  Who says quilts need to be square!



Lily's Quilts

I also wanted to thank all of you who are visiting on a regular basis.  I really enjoy all your comments.  If you are new to my blog, I hope you enjoyed it and will be coming back.  In an effort to increase my followers, I am linking up with Lily's Quilts.  It is a great blog and a wonderful place to check out and discover new blogs.





8 comments:

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Very cool! I love the fabrics too. Should end up with something really vibrant.

Catrin Lewis said...

Fish lips! I knew my stash was missing something!

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

What fun prints!!

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

Fun fishes!

Kathleen said...

Love that fish bowl quilt! Can't wait to see what you create.

Barb N said...

Can't wait to see what you'll come up with these fabrics!

Deb @ PlainStitch said...

Love the fish and the fish shaped quilt! I love the idea of non-square quilts, such fun!

Finding Fifth said...

i have not seen these prints before but they do remind me of some Ken Done paintings a few decades back. Thanks for also linking up to Sunday Stash.

01 09 10