Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Fun Fabric Buckets

 

On this last day of the year, I thought I would push to get one more project off my To-Do list.  Back in October, as part of my 4th quarter goals for the 2013 Finish A Long with she can quilt, I was hoping to finish a bunch of fabric buckets for my sewing room and studio.









I am happy to report that I have finished about a dozen now in varying sizes.  I had a bunch of denim I had been stashing away for years and I thought it would look cute with the colorful chevron fabrics I was wanting for the linings.






 
 As the denim varied greatly in stiffness and stretch, I think I used about 6 different interfacing to get the finished look I wanted. Each one had to have just the right amount of slouch but they also needed to have enough form to keep the bucket shape.  

My favorite is the big red one.  The blue and white striped material reminds me of my grandfather's striped overalls.



she can quilt

 I am hoping to get one more item on my Q4 list completed before the link up closes on January 8th.  The final quilt is on my longarm now so I hope to be sharing some pictures soon. Thanks Leanne for hosting this event and helping me to get these items finished!


http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/5198185

 Linking up with Freemotion by the River for Linky Tuesday and Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social.

6 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I like the fabric buckets and they will be very useful. I might add a couple to my 2014 to do list ass they are functional and pretty.

Kathy Davis said...

Is there a free pattern for this in cyberspace? Love them. Thanks, Kathy

Shauna said...

Very cute fabric buckets. I liked the idea of the jean material and then giving it a zing with your chevron material. Nice finish of 2013. All the best to you in 2014.

Tami C said...

Love all the fabric buckets! Happy New Year to you and yours!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What cute baskets and congrats on getting them all finished! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Val's Quilting Studio said...

THese are perfect to rejuvinate this week! Fun and they look pretty easy to make.

01 09 10