Thursday, April 9, 2015

Second Quarter Finish Along Goals

I can't believe it is already time to make up my Q2 Finish Along list for our wonderful new host Adrianne who blogs at On the Windy Side.  I did miserably on my Q1 achievement - I had four items on my list and finished up two.  This quarter I am hoping to do much better!

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

 


  A carryover from last quarter are my Sew Kitschy paper pieced blocks.  I am not sure why I just haven't had the energy to finish this wallhanging up.  I have a pretty good idea how I want to assemble the top.  I think I am just not looking forward to quilting this one. So much detail!
 
 
 
 
I need to finish this quilt for my niece who graduates from high school this summer.  The blocks for the top are almost finished but I have crazy big plans for the backing so I had better get crackin'!
 
 


 While digging through my closet for inspiration for this month's Scrap-A-Palooza quilt, this little pile of fabric was born and I thought I would sew up a mini quilt for my sewing room.  All of this fabric is leftover from previous projects - time for it to get passed on to someone else or sewn into something fun.  I love the daffodils and tulips too much to give it up!


 
And finally, I want to finish up a quilt using this wonderful Daysail layercake.  I picked this up at Craftsy about two weeks ago at an amazing price.  In January I had won the Dizzying Diamonds pattern from Sew Bittersweet Designs so I am pairing this layercake with some Navy Kona and making a lap quilt.  And I am going to finish it this quarter!


There is really no reason I cannot get to everything on this list.  But I did say that last quarter and didn't do very well.  I hope linking up with On the Windy Side with Adrianne will give me the focus I need.  All of these projects are bright and inspiring and should keep my attention!

I had better get sewing!



If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Craftsy, Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar! 

  
Linking up:

8 comments:

Paula said...

What a great list, I look forward to seeing your projects finished. The kitschy blocks are just fabulous, and I really love the colours and fabrics that you have pulled for your Scrap-A-Palooza quilt. They are so wondefully bright and cheery.

Jenny Bonynge said...

As you were completing each of those paper pieced blocks for the wall hanging I just thought they were TOO cute. I guess I'm surprised you didn't have it done as your "new" kitchen is ADORABLE!!!

Barb Neiwert said...

Great colors on your Scrap-a-palooza quilt! And it will be fun to see your niece's quilt come together. Lots of work ahead of you!

Sarah @ Berry Barn Designs said...

Cynthia, I *love* the color palette you used for the Sew Kitschy blocks! Hope the quilting goes more quickly than you expect because it will look so nice finished : )

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

awesome projects, and I love the aqua and orange color palette on your Sew Kitschy blocks!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Jasmine said...

Just tell your boss you need a little time for your own projects. ;) I am still crushing on your niece's quilt.

Ruth said...

Love the daysail range - looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Betsy blocks look great up on the wall already!

Vera said...

I have high hopes this quarter too. Your list looks doable :)

01 09 10