Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Splendid Sampler Blocks - July Additions

I don't have too many Splendid Sampler blocks to share with you this month.  Many of the blocks released were either applique or embroidery so I had quite a few weeks of no sewing on this project.

But here are the four blocks I added over the last month.



I really love this simple little cross block.  It works perfectly with my busy prints.



And how sweet is this block!  I think I might need to make a whole quilt one of these days using churn dash block variations.



Lots of 1" squares in this one.  It was a little tough to find fabrics with enough contrast to allow the stars to shine.  I am really liking aqua and red lately!



This block is not part of the official Splendid Sampler but when I saw it on the Quiltmaker's 100 blocks sampler, I knew I wanted one in mine.

.
These four new blocks now bring me up to a total of 34 finished blocks.  I doubt my sampler will end up with 100 blocks but I am okay with that.  
My desired layout would be enormous with that many blocks!


Linking Up:

The Splendid Sampler



9 comments:

Havplenty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Havplenty said...

Not sure if you are aware of the Janome 100 block QAL from last year I believe. There are plenty of fun challenging blocks that may be used as substitutions for the embroidery blocks. I know that I am trying a few.

http://janome.com/en/100quiltblocks/download-blocks/

tushay3 (at) yahoo (dot) com

PaulaB quilts said...

Your color choices give new life to these traditional blocks. Each one is so alive! The spools are a nice substitute. If the goal is 100 blocks, you are one-third finished. Nice going. Have a fun week!

Jo said...

I have slowed down with my SS blocks. I just can't get to do the HEXIES block....

Charlotta said...

Lots of sweet blocks! I'm really loving the sampler quilts I'm seeing these days!

SandraC said...

I was glad to read your post this morning. I am behind on my Splendid Sampler and feel dismayed that there are so many applique blocks. I'm probably leaving those out, like you. I have too many applique projects that need my attention to do the ones in the Splendid Sampler :(

Puppilalla said...

34 blocks are an achievement in themselves no matter if you manage to bring the number up to 100. Lovely colour choices by the way.

Lara B. said...

Your Splendid Sampler blocks are so vibrant and rich! I love then Cyndy! What a quilt they will make!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your blocks are so fun to look at because of their becautiful colors! I've never been a big fan of the churn dash block, but yours is so pretty in the colors you chose. I like the fussy cut flower center, too!

01 09 10