Friday, September 25, 2020

Barn Quilts - License to Quilt


Last summer a friend and I took Sheila Sinclair Snyder's barn quilt class.  Like me, Sheila travels to various groups and guilds teaching this class and many others.  But due to the pandemic, teaching to groups has been put on hold.  Who knows when we will get back to being able to meet fellow quilters in person!


Sheila and I have been in contact throughout this lockdown period.  It is always nice to be able to talk to someone and bounce ideas on how to replace the lost income we both experienced due to the virus.


One of the things Sheila worked on was to get  kits for her barn quilts available for purchase.  The kits includes all the more difficult materials to procure so that all you have to buy is the paint. She also has included instructions on how you can make your own. You can now purchase it from Quiltfolk or directly from her Etsy shop. You will also find what items are included in the kit.



I always love to see all the barn quilts made in her classes.  She shares photos on her Facebook page and her website.




Mine has been hanging on my fence since I finished it.  I can see it from my quilting studio and I really enjoy the view when the weather is gloomy and rainy.




Sheila also has her Colorwheel Pincushion kits for sale now too.
Both of these items are a fun project to make while you are stuck at home!

I hope you give her kits a look!



7 comments:

Florida Farm Girl said...

I love barn quilts. My Carolina Lily block done in bright white, reds and green is mounted over my garage door and it cheers me up every time I come down the driveway. I hope they are a great success for your friend.

Emily said...

Thanks for the info! I've been wanting to make a barn quilt for our fairly new storage shed since we put it up, and I just haven't gotten around to getting the materials. This may be a better way to go. I have it on my holiday wish list! I really want to do a Carpenter's Star.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love my barn quilt! and the two at the top ( I am assuming you made them?) are awesome!! what a great shout out for your friend. I too , feel the loss, and it is just so crazy - heres to getting back to some sort of normal!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for sharing these lovely Barn Quilts, Cynthia! I took a class locally and thoroughly enjoyed the process. The resulting Barn Quilt adds to the decor in our family room.

Quiltpiecer said...

Enjoyed reading your post. I would love to have a barn quilt although I don't have a barn LOL. Many of my neighbors know I quilt and having a barn quilt by my front door would be fun. I will have to check out Sheila's website. Thanks for sharing.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh I need a barn quilt on the side of our shed!!! These here in your blog are gorgeous!

Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty said...

The barn quilt you made is lovely, Cynthia!

01 09 10