Sunday, September 20, 2020

Oh Scrap! : Bit by Bit

 As I was digging through all the bags and tubs of partially finished projects to see if there were any items I wanted to adopt out in the Quilty Orphan Adoption event, I came across a bag of a partially started scrap vortex project I adopted from a friend.  

I had stuffed it in a bag and have been adding to it as I came across sewed pieces in the correct color combinations.  I decided to raid my orphan block stash to see what else I could contribute...




The colors are mostly purples and turquoise.  I added all sorts of bits and bobs and sewn components from a bunch of long past projects.




And before I knew it, I had to admit I had started a new project.  

This quilt won't be that big when it is finished - probably about 40 x 50".  It emptied a bag of scraps and used a number of my orphan blocks so I am calling it a big win.  I don't have much farther to go to finish it up.  It has been a great way to use up a bunch of scraps without having to do a lot of cutting or planning.

What are you making with your scraps?


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter








Cut Time, Quilt More


10 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That looks like fun, and I love the colors! There's nothing like that kind of sewing - no directions to follow, just sewing, trimming, and figuring out how to make it all fit together. Have fun!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job of using up that scrap bag and some Orphan blocks, too! I just finished a small quilt yesterday, but I can't show it until tomorrow's Hello Fall Blog Hop. Hope you'll stop by to see it, Cynthia!

Jayne said...

There is a huge sense of accomplishment when a bag of scraps are used to make a beautiful quilt. One more pile down...so many more to go!

Nann said...

Your impromptu scrappy project looks great! A somewhat-controlled colorway makes it more interesting.

Louise said...

My favorite kind of sewing! It feels so great to get those random pieces into something coherent and then quilt it up and give it away :)

Linda said...

I love this sort of quilt. Great colours.

dq said...

I love seeing your progress on using up those scraps. We can make beautiful and loved quilts out of them!

KaHolly said...

I’m envious of your progress.

Preeti said...

I have a feeling that projects start themselves in your very fertile and creative studio. You just nudge/guide them along :-)

Miaismine said...

You constantly inspire me to use up those scraps - and you make it fun! Nice vortex quilt!

01 09 10