Friday, February 26, 2021

Fiddlesticks

 I am happy to share the first quilt finish of the Covered in Love blocks sent to me by Kat over at Kat and Cat Quilts.




Kat called this block Fiddlesticks.  I really love how these blocks look all together.




Do you see your blocks?  I have to say everyone's blocks were so beautifully done.




Or maybe your blocks are over here...




I still have another stack of blocks to make a second quilt.  
I divided up the blocks into two stacks - 

red block for you...red block for you.
etc.

Turquoise and yellow were the most popular block colors.  
Not a lot of pink, purple or green people out there!



I quilted irregularly space horizontal lines in a light blue thread.  Kat also sent all the backings - this one got a pretty floral with a green inset down the back to make it wide enough.

Thanks to all who donated blocks.  It was so fun to see all the fun scraps!
Quilt #2 is already in the works.  When the blocks are already finished it doesn't take long to get the quilt top together!

Covered in Love is one of the organizations taking quilts this year for the Hands2Help quilt drive.  
I am already planning my quilts for the event!






Linking Up:




I was so happy to see that Laurel Burch precuts are now available at Connecting Threads.

The colors are amazing!

19 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

interesting blocks and great use of scraps!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those fiddlesticks blocks are wonderful and what a terrific quilt they became! Thank you for sharing!

Kat said...

Beautiful! I chose "jewel toned" ish blocks for you, so it's not a completely random selection. Thank you thank you!

Bernie Kringel said...

Love this block and the resulting quilt!!

audrey said...

This is such a cool looking quilt! Great use for scraps.:)

Ivani said...

It is a bright and happy quilt for a good cause. Love it.

Anonymous said...

So fun and whimsical!

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Cheryll said...

That looks awesome...xox

Preeti said...

Scrappy and Bright!!! A darling finish. Have a great weekend!

Barb N said...

I have wanted to make this for a long time. Thanks for the reminder! This one is a great quilt for someone:)

MissPat said...

Thank you for again helping Kat with completing these quilts. These are turning into happy quilts which will comfort the families who receive them.
Pat

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Thank you for all the help!! I see a bunch of my squares and I love how it all looks together. Lovely job- you’re the best!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Wonderful, happy finish for a great cause. Thanks for sharing.

Louise said...

It makes me so happy to see these blocks come together into a loving quilt! Thank you for being the hands and heart that made it happen :)

Ruth said...

Thank you for joining all our blocks together! It's nice to know Kat has generous helpers out there. This was a fun block, and will brighten someone's day for sure.

The Joyful Quilter said...

You are sweet to help Kat with the Covered in Love quilts again this year, Cynthia!! I know she is SEW thankful.

Kate said...

A very fun and colorful finish!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh how fun!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a beautiful finish for a great cause, the cheeriness of this quilt will certainly make someone very, very happy indeed. I love it and such a great way to use the little crumbs for the strips.

01 09 10