Sunday, August 1, 2021

Oh Scrap! : A Scrappy Flimsy

 I realized on Saturday morning that I had not spent any time in my sewing room the whole week.  Determined to change that, I left the vacuum in the middle of the living room and decided to spend a few hours sewing instead.




I spent that time sewing together the blocks in this quilt.  It is a scrap riot!




Here is a closer view.  You can see it is just a bunch of 2.5" squares.  Some blocks are framed with 1.5" solids and others are simply squares.

The quilt measures 70" x 90".  I am sure I have a piece for the backing but I might have to extend it a bit for this bigger quilt.  I think I just have 4 yard pieces.  That will be a task for next week.

Quilting was definitely more fun than housework!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Follow Me on Bloglovin'                Follow Me on Feedly


16 comments:

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wow! Great quilt!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I love how you framed every other one with solids!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm so glad you were able to just walk away from that vacuum cleaner and sew! It was time well spent, and you have a gorgeous quilt top. I need to remember that design. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE how your quilt top turned out, Cynthia!!

Gretchen Weaver said...

What a great scrappy quilt! Thanks for the great idea, happy stitching!

Chantal said...

It looks great. I love those colours together. Well done. ;^)

Ivani said...

Beautiful scrappy quilt top!

Libby in TN said...

The frames take that quilt from beyond simple to stunning!

Jayne said...

Anytime you can abandon cleaning for quilting is a good day! I love how this turned out and especially love the random dark frames throughout!

LA Paylor said...

how interesting... the small amount of black lines just makes the quilt IMHO. Just like a dash of black ink on a painting makes it more interesting

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Scrap Riot is the perfect name for this quilt. Those framing squares were the perfect choice! I agree with Jayne about abandoning cleaning for quilting! Well done!!!

Carol Andrews said...

Up your scrappy quilt is wonderful. I love the variety of your sashing colours. It makes it consistent and the bit of black just makes it pop!

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Awesome quilt!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Cynthia, that's a great quilt - and way more fun that vacuuming! Take care.

maggie fellow said...

that really looks sooo nice

Susan said...

Another great scrappy finish - well done!

01 09 10