Friday, October 22, 2021

Pretty Pinwheels

 Another week - Another finish!

I love when you find yourself in a finishing mode.  Some months you feel like you are making no progress and then all of a sudden, blocks are going together into quilt tops and you have a stack of quilts to sew the binding on.



This week I finished up my RSC pinwheel quilt. These pinwheels were all made using the trimmed triangles from two of my RSC Well Suited quilts I made this year. 




The sashing and cornerstones all came out of the scrap bin too.  I used a narrow sashing in the blocks and then used a wider sashing when I put the blocks into a quilt top.  I really like the effect!



I used one of the clearance fabrics I picked up a Connecting Threads on the back and applied a scrappy binding made from leftover binding strips.

The quilting is a playful free motion pattern I call Splish Splash.  
Swirl in - swirl out - and then a couple long teardrops.




The quilt measures about 50 x 60.  It is just going into the donation pile for now.  I like to have a stack of scrappy quilts ready for giving.  They always find a forever home where they are very much needed and appreciated.


I have to say I am enjoying seeing all the RSC quilts by others coming together.
I need to start thinking about my next blocks for 2022!




14 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a lovely finish! The creations that come from your scrap bin are all AMAZING!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome RSC quilt finish, Cynthia!!

KaHolly said...

Delightful! I’d like to see the Splish Splash quilting pattern better! Looks like fun.

Sharon Kwilter said...

That's a nice looking scrap quilt. Well done.

Dorothy said...

I love this !!

Julie in GA said...

Great finish! I especially like the narrower sashing with the blocks and the wider between the groupings.

Vicki in MN said...

Another fabulous finish! Sometimes I am just in the mood to quilt and not bind, one time my pile of 'to be bound' was 15 table runners.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Very Pretty! Congrats - Finishes are great! Hugs

Mystic Quilter said...

I do like the narrow sashing and tiny square between the four individual pinwheels, very effective.

Bonnie said...

Great finish. I like how you made the blocks with the little sashing and then added bigger sashing between. Congrats on a scrappy finish.

floribunda said...

is there another orphan adoption event coming up soon? I've been gathering up some goodies...

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

It's so satisfying when the projects start to come together, isn't it? It's going to be fun to see the big variation in your RSC projects. :)

Chantal said...

This is a gorgeous bonus quilt! Well done! ;^)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love PRetty Pinwheels - its so colorful!!!

01 09 10