Sunday, June 26, 2022

Oh Scrap! : Catching up with the Blues

 We have been having some very warm days so it has been a good time to stay in and sew.

It has been nice to get caught up on a few projects.


I have finished sewing together all of the Covered in Love blocks. That was my biggest accomplishment for the week. Now I just need to get them on the longarm and quilt them.



A few more blue Switchplate blocks were sewn.  These are made with five 1.5" x 3.5" strips.



I also finished up my blue Chaser blocks for June.



Looks like I need 14 more blocks and I can start sewing this one together. For sure I will be adding purple and maybe more green.



I finally have an empty design wall so I was able to put up my blocks for the Positivity QAL.  I have 12 blocks finished to date (I think we are supposed to link up our progress today.
 Time to get sewing on this - I am behind schedule!

...and don't forget the placemats.  I think I finished 3 more blue slabs.  Now they need quilting too. (Yes, I load my placemats onto my big machine. I am spoiled!)

Hope you have lots of scrappy projects to share!



*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter






Lots of great tools are on sale right now at Connecting Threads.  Don't miss out!


8 comments:

Kim said...

So many fabulous fabrics in your Chaser blocks. Some purple and green fabrics added will be fabulous. You are indeed spoiled with that big machine of yours.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those Chaser blocks look good in BLUE, Cynthia. Congrats on the CiL and Positivity progress, too!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those CiL quilts are a big commitment and a big accomplishment! I'm amazed at how much you do. Love the fun, colorful Chaser blocks, and the Positivity blocks are beautiful in your different greens, too. Have a wonderful Sunday figuring out what's next on the design wall! :)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Impressive how you have moved through finishing those CIL blocks/quilts! Those Chaser blocks are going to make the most interesting top! Definitely incorporate some purple and green blocks! You amaze me with all you accomplish!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the black with the bright prints it makes a very interesting looking top

Ivani said...

Fun blocks for this week Cynthia. Your green Positivity blocks are looking good together. Great start.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
All your blocks are beautiful...I really like the Blue
Chaser blocks. Have a great day!

Bernie Kringel said...

Your number of blocks sure has me beat Cynthia! Love the greens - are you sticking with all greens or doing multiple colors? Either way, it will be lovely. Thank you (AGAIN!) for supporting Mercyful Quilts. We are grateful!

01 09 10