Friday, July 8, 2022

Covered In Love Quilt #6

 I have been working away on my big pile of quilts that need to be bound.

I just finished another Covered in Love Quilt!


I am still working on the "Oh my Stars" blocks.  I needed to come up with another layout design that used less blocks so I could make an additional quilt from all the supplies Kat sent.



I usually just get a box of blocks and various yardage.  Lots of time the bindings are even all sewn, pressed and rolled up.

I love this step of sorting the blocks and fabrics into quilts.




Two things I noticed in my supplies was that there were a lot of friendship star blocks with white backgrounds.  There was also a piece of a great flag fabric.  I instantly had an idea and I just had to decide what stars I would use for the center.  I spied these red stars someone made, and I instantly started sewing.




A few blocks on the front had some bright blue in them so I put this fun fabric on the back.  I also loved the red striped binding.




Isn't this quilt lovely?!

And it only used 24 blocks (rather than the normal 30) so I have blocks for the last quilt.
Which I hope to share soon.

Thanks to all who donated blocks and materials!


Happy Friday to all!





Linking Up:

9 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Wow! That flag fabric and friendship stars were perfect accents to those sawtooth stars. It's another WOW finish! Well done!

Rachel said...

I really love seeing the different quilts you're making from these blocks!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Perfect use for those matching red sawtooth star blocks, and I love the blocks in the corners with their snowballed corners, too. And that red and white striped binding is perfection for this! Have a great weekend.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a great idea for putting those stars together! I love the inner flag fabric border. You are so good at those - the outer stars fit perfectly. I always struggle with the math to make everything line up. I'm usually off by a 1/4 inch! Nice finish!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

I have two star 12.5" orphan star blocks. Would you like them to add to one of your CIL creations?

Linda In UK said...

What a super quilt. The white backgrounds give the friendship stars so much impact. A really lovely idea to us the donated squares and fabrics in this way. So cheerful!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You did awesome!!! Its so beautiful!

QuiltGranma said...

Great quilt! Will be loved.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome quilt for a wonderful cause, Cynthia! Great thinking on figuring out a way to conserve blocks. A bonus quilt will be put to good use!

01 09 10