Friday, August 26, 2022

August Placemats

 I know I showed you a few placemats earlier this month, but I have a few more that I finished this month.



I am still working my way through the purple scraps.  Lots of triangles and tiny strings in this color.  I think I only have about two more to do and then I can move onto orange.




I also used some bits from the orphan block suitcase to make these two mats.

That brings the total up to 136 placemats.  I am still hoping to hit 200 by November.  
That means I had better get sewing!

(And because I always get asked - I trim these to 11 x 15 and they will be donated to Meals on Wheels to go out with one of the holiday meals.)

We are finally getting a couple days of cooler weather so I will be outside as much as I can this weekend. Not sure that a lot of sewing will be taking place!

Hope you have fun plans for the weekend...


8 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Looks like great progress to me. :) I am really excited about the cooler weather forecast for this weekend here as well; have a fantastic weekend!

Rebecca Grace said...

I love those deep purple placemats, Cynthia, and you have inspired me! I made a bunch of improv "crumb" blocks awhile ago when I needed a break from my other projects, with no plans of what I was going to do with them. Seeing your placemats reminded me that our local chapter of the Modern Quilt Guild makes and donates placemats to Friendship Trays (formerly Meals On Wheels) and I think I'll follow your lead and turn my improv blocks into placemats. :-)

Michelle said...

Your placemats are so pretty!

Chantal said...

Great job on busting the purple scraps. They look great too. Some orphans found a home! Yay! Good luck with your goal. ;^)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

For all the scraps you have made in to items this year, it is amazing that you continue to have more scraps! I personally think that those scraps propagate overnight! Well done on the purple placemats.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love your pieces, but I have a hard time with placemats because I feel they are just going to get gunked up. When I used to knit, I loved to make scarfs, but could not abide to make socks because they were going to get all stained and yuck. All the pieces are little works of art.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Look at you sneaking in a bit of ORANGE in your purple placemats, Cynthia! :o))
Thanks for joining the August 2022 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge!!

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

Hi Cindy Somehow I'm not getting your blog posts anymore. Wondered if there is a way to get reestablished. Got dropped about 2 weeks ago as near as I can tell. And the link to Bloglovin seems to be broken.

01 09 10