Friday, August 12, 2022

Proof I Have Been Sewing

 I have been focused on some home improvements over the last couple of months.  That has really been invading my sewing time.  But hopefully soon everything will be finished for the year. 

(Oh, I can't wait!)

I feel like I have been not getting anything done on my projects but I keep reminding myself I am making some progress.

I have finished another nine placemats in the last few weeks.




These two blue ones came out of the Orphan block/spare parts block.  The turquoise binding is a bit bright but I am trying to use up the solids that I have.




A few more from the orphan block box.  I had a bunch of these test blocks for a design I was considering.




Here are some from my purple scrap bin.  These are the scraps I am still working on.  Little piles of purple scraps are all over my house.  It is a good thing it is my favorite color!




I am now up to 130 completed placemats!  These will be donated to Meals on Wheels at the end of the year.  I am hoping for 200 but I am not sure I will make it.

...but I am sure going to try!


Wishing you all a fun weekend!


9 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

130 finished placemats. . .what an accomplishment! What a lot of scraps used UP into something to brighten someone's day. Way to go!!

Michelle said...

130 placemats is incredible! And those you shared today are so pretty. Purple is my favorite color too.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I think getting 9 more placemats complete with everything else you have going on is a good accomplishment. You've made great progress towards your goal of 200.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

House projects can really take away from sewing time, but sometimes you just have to get them done! Hope you're happy with how things are looking. Little projects like your placemats are perfect for when you only have a little time. That's a really impressive pile you have there!

Turid said...

So many placemats, wonderful. And those first blue are beautiful, and my favorites.

grammajudyb said...

130 placemats is a huge accomplishment in my estimation! And home improvement projects to boot! You have been busy!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

How satisfying to see that pile grow! Amazing, Cynthia!

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my goodness you are amazing! These mats are fabulous!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Loooove them!
and I am with you - I like home improvements... but totally ready for them to be done quickly!
Thanks for Linking to Finished ( or not) Friday!!

01 09 10