Tuesday, October 11, 2022

On The Design Wall

 Now that I have caught up on many of my projects, I am able to get out a stash quilt I started earlier this year.




I went through all of my Kaffe Fassett stash and scraps and cut up enough big hexagons for the size quilt I wanted.  I used the Hex N More Ruler by Jaybird Designs. I also started cutting a few of the solid triangles I need.  Then life got in the way and these pretties were set aside.




I had an empty design wall (behind my longarm) so I put them all up so I can start filling in the spaces with solid-colored triangles.  I am sure I will need to move around a few prints as I fill everything in.  Then I can start pulling pieces down and moving them into my sewing room to sew.  I am guessing that will happen later this month.

I am really looking forward to working on something new!



10 comments:

Julierose said...

This will be just beautiful! I love the triangle turquoise color with the KF fabric hexagons...hugs, Julierose

Michelle said...

Oh Cynthia, I love this!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Love the brightness of this quilt. Those solid colored fabrics really add to the design!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

It is always a treat to get to start fresh, isn't it? Congratulations on working through so many of the other projects that you could pull this out. Have fun!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's going to be fun! I love the solids that create stars around the bright prints. I have trouble sewing pieces like these together so that the seams are all in the right place. Maybe you have some pointers?

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Loving all this Kaffe colour!

Chantal said...

I am slowly building a kit of big hexagons for an I Spy quilt. I'm not decided which colour to use for the triangles. I'll sit back and watch you go. I might get inspired to start on mine. What you have is very nice so far. Enjoy! ;^)

Lucas Henry said...


I must say that you are doing a very nice job here on this fantastic blog. just keep it on, you are good.

Mystic Quilter said...

Can't beat hexagons and this quilt with all the KFC fabrics is a dream. I made one many years ago but used different blues/purples, Ive often thought to make another but using a different fabric for each hexagon. I used a huge Accuquilt die so the hexies were pretty big, what size have you gone with?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Have fun filling in the gaps, Cynthia! The quilt is going to be lovely.

01 09 10