Friday, November 4, 2022

Another Chaser Block Finish

 I am finally feeling not so overwhelmed and that means I am usually more productive.  I have finished another quilt that has been in the block stage for months.  That make me feel so good! 



I started these blocks at the beginning of 2022 as a Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt.  I had recently released my Chaser Block pattern (One of my Scrap Mixology patterns) and had the idea to add the flip corners to the block so a pinwheel appears where the block connects.



The little flip corners are not part of the pattern.  I just constantly have ideas that I want to try.  

Which is why I haven't released Module #5 yet....I am too busy going back and playing with the first four modules.  There are just so many quilts to make!

I really enjoyed making these blocks every month.  I just used whatever width of scrap I found in the right color.  Not a whole lot of cutting was required!



I found a red and pink print that I really liked in my stash but it wasn't quite big enough.  So I found a dark red piece to run down the back vertically.  The swirl quilting really shows up on it.




I will hold onto this one for a while.  I love how bright it is and it will make a great class sample if I choose to teach this class.

This quilt represents what Scrap Mixology is all about - making small changes to block to get a whole new look!


Have a wonderful weekend everyone!




15 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Isn't that fun?! I love the brights with their b/w backgrounds. The pinwheels are a great design addition, too! You should definitely keep this one to show students!

Louise said...

I love that you chose the opposite on the color wheel for the flippy corners :)

Joni said...

Your palette is so happy and plays well together. Love the use of the black prints. What a cheerful finish!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

That small change of turning the blocks to get a pinwheel adds so much movement to the quilt. Congratulations on a bright and fun quilt that might just be a perfect class sample! :)

Ivani said...

It is a great scrap quilt, Cynthia.

Cheryll said...

It looks WoNDeRFuL...xox

Jan said...

Looks great, nice and bright and love the little pinwheels.

Mystic Quilter said...

Perfect pattern to use up our strips and I love the flip corners.

Linda Swanekamp said...

You did real good- a very unique and colorful quilt! It is almost a spool quilt- just one more set of triangles on the top and bottom. It is what I thought it was when I first glanced at it.

Chantal said...

Awesome! It is as unique as you are. I love it! Bravo! ;^)

Kate said...

A very bright and fun finish. RSC quilts always look so good, I guess it's that they have the full range of colors in them.

Vicki in MN said...

You are just a genius with those scraps! Congrats on the finish:)

Jasmine said...

This is a beautiful quilt. I love the ombré look in the blocks and the pinwheels added to the corners. This will be a great class sample.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a fun one!
Glad you aren't as overwhelmed - I love seeing all the quilts you make!

Sandy Panagos said...

That turned out great!

01 09 10