Wednesday, November 9, 2022

New Additions

 It seems like it has been forever since I bought any new fabric.  

This last weekend, I taught a class at Aloha Sewing and Vac in Hillsboro Or.  I think it is the first time I have been in a fabric store since the start of Covid.  

So all those pretty bolts of fabric were impossible to resist.




Here are the pretties I bought.  Most are 3 yard cuts or larger.  The sketch fabric on the bottom is probably my favorite.  I can't wait to use that as a a background for a quilt.

While I was there, I saw a couple of used Bernina sewing machines.  If you are a fan of these workhorses, you know they are getting hard to find in good condition.  

They had both an 830 and an 831!



I really wanted both of the machines but I decided that only the 831 was coming home with me.  Recently the motor went out in Sparky (one of my 830s) so this one will be a replacement.  I still hope to repair Sparky but I have to find the right repair technician.

I have been sewing with my new machine all week and it is sewing beautifully!  It seems to have boy energy so I need to find an appropriate name. Any suggestions?

If you are looking for an 830, there is still one sitting in Hillsboro that can be yours!


Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly


12 comments:

Sharon Kwilter said...

Lovely fabrics. I wish I hadn't bought fabrics throughout the pandemic. I couldn't stop shopping.... LOL

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have only actually been in a quilt shop a couple times over the past 3 years and one show last spring - I bought enough at the show and a shop in town to suit me for awhile - I mostly buy on line but it is nice to go in a shop now and then too - those are some pretty fabrics that you got

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Pretty fabrics. . .How about Tank for a name. . .those older Bernina's are such workhorses!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The sketch fabric is going to be a fantastic background! Naming sewing machines can be so tricky. I tend to go for alliteration... I'm also really into nicknames, so Buddy is probably where I would settle. Good luck finding the right name for your new 831!

Kate said...

Oooh, very pretty additions! Enjoy your new sewing room addition. Bernina's are such workhorses. I love my 20 year old machine.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You found some good ones to add to your stash! And a new machine is exciting, too. Is that a favorite Bernina model for you? I'm not familiar with Berninas, although my mom has had them over the years.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

You're so right about those old Berninas being such workhorses. How about naming it Clyde, as in Clydesdale?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love your new pretties!

Debbie said...

Lucky you! A vintage Bernina! I have two vintage Berninas and I also keep an eye out for any being sold in good condition.

Nancy said...

Love my older BERNINA I have always taken my machine to Aaron at Quilting Delights in Milwaukie. I know that would be a drive for you but if you are up this way you should have him check it out for you. He is very good.

Deb said...

Ohh another machine!!! I almost did that recently but my technician was able to revive my current one and sell me on keeping it! Yes playing with scraps leads to a bad case of ufo s!! The only treatment is sewing therapy!!! Yikes. Stay safe and sew on !

QuiltGranma said...

Boy energy? How about Calvin (as in: and Hobs) or Dennis (the mennice)? Or a more positive spin, Lynus or Charlie Brown?

01 09 10