Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Covered In Love Finishes

 I have been sewing, quilting and binding up a storm lately!

I don't have one Covered in Love finish to share...I have Three!

(The weather has been miserable today, so I had to take photos of the quilts draped on my longarm.)



All three are the Tall Nine block pattern.  For this one, I sorted out the blocks that had coral colors in them.



I did a simple straight layout on the blocks and quilted it with a simple meander.


I didn't have any backing pieces that were big enough so I found a piece in my stash that had a lot of corals and green.



The second quilt is another straight layout.  I love all those rusty oranges on this one.



I quilted a simple swirl in a rust-colored thread.



A rust and a striped fabric for the back.  It really shows off the quilting.




The third finish has some of the brighter blocks.  I also alternated the direction of every other block.




I quilted it with another swirl variation.  This time I used a gold thread.




For the back on this one, I had to piece it quite a bit to make the fabric I had work.  Again, the quilting really shows in the gold fabric.





And finally, my little helper Arthur.  He didn't understand why he couldn't be in all of the photos.  
The world does circle around him you know!



Next, I will be working on the three gray and green flying geese quilts.  Then I can ship them all back to Kat and get ready to start assembling the next Compassion Quilt block drive. 
 I will be announcing that next week!



8 comments:

Kat said...

Beautiful quilts and very generous of you to quilt them. Your pup is a cutie.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful finishes and Arthur is a great addition to your photo. He really should be in all of your photos. . . . :)

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Great quilts and Arthur is such a good helper!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those are all pretty colors - great job they will be loved

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Beautiful finishes, and Arthur is such a cutie. Of course he wants to be in all of the photos!

Michelle said...

These are all such cheerful, pretty quilts. Love your color combinations!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I am with Arthur - he should be in all the photos and the world revolves around him... he and I could be twins haha!
Love your quilts!!!

Susan said...

I'm a little late seeing these, but I love that pattern for almost anywhere a quilt is needed.

01 09 10