Wednesday, February 8, 2023

From the Purple Stash

 I had a fun sew day with a friend recently.  Instead of sewing on one of her projects, she grabbed one of the kits I had put together from my stash and sewed a bunch of purple blocks.

These kits were put together to make some of the compassion quilts I am donating to my local hospital.


I had all the pieces cut and each block pinned together.  In no time she had almost all of the blocks sewn.  Later that evening, I put the blocks together as a top.



I really had to piece the backing for this one.  I am trying to use up a lot of the smaller cuts I have.



I love purple so this finish is a favorite of mine.  I hope it finds its way to another purple lover.  It measures 52 x 62".  Lots of odds and ends went into this one.  It was nice to clear out a bunch of older purples and make something lovely from them.

Thanks to a good friend!





Annie's just released two new Block of the Month quilts.  Isn't this Chestnut Grove quilt pretty?


8 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Such a happy and bright quilt. It looks like you made good use of lots of leftovers on the backing.

Cathy said...

What an adorable and cheery purple quilt! You’re on fire these days!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty purples!

Gretchen Weaver said...

The quilt is beautiful! I like purples too but blue is higher on my list of favorites. Happy stitching!

Michelle said...

I am a huge fan of purple too! This is gorgeous quilt. So nice of your friend to sew these blocks together.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a wonderful quilt which will provide cheer to someone! Well done. . . especially the back piecing. . .it is two quilts in one!

Kat said...

I love, love, love this quilt! I made an all purple jigsaw puzzle quilt and gifted it. Similar colours of purple. The recipient loved it. You’re inspiring me to plan another one, maybe to keep for myself.

PaintedThread said...

Such a cute design.

01 09 10