Sunday, February 5, 2023

Oh Scrap! : This and That

 I have been playing with scraps all week.  But is all sitting next to my sewing machine waiting to be put together...



I did sew together this heart block.  This one is not for my RSC quilt - it is actually 18" square and will be used with all of those low volume scraps I cut.  I am excited about this project and will hopefully share more of it soon.



I added two more blocks to the 16 patch collection.  These aren't really rainbow but they will fit in nicely.


A friend brought over some leftover strip sets from a quilt she just finished and asked if I could use them.  I chopped them up into 4.5" and 2.5" pieces.  
I am hoping to make a compassion baby quilt out of them.

There are just some weeks where I feel like I work on a million things and see very little progress.  

This was one of those kind of weeks!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Accuquilt Dynamic Promo





12 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

Love your scrappy heart, Cynthia.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

like your heart block

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Nice heart! I just made one in a 12 in. size. Now I can't decide how to finish it. It's always fun seeing what you're making with scraps.

Ivani said...

The heart block will be pretty with the low volume blocks.

Chantal said...

I can so relate. I felt like that all year in 2022. Just added some blocks to one project or another but nothing felt like an accomplishment. Hang in there, it will come. I like your scrappy heart. ;^)

Kate said...

Sometimes it's just nice to go with the flow. Happy scrappy stitching this week, sounds like you've got plenty of fun stuff to work on.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your scrappy heart is terrific! You finish so many projects and inspire me with every post. Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Playing with scraps sounds like a delightful way to spend the week. Darling heart block.

Turid said...

Looking forward to seeing what you do next with your heart block. And those scraps are beautiful. Just wait, suddenly you have a quilt.

Carol Andrews said...

Lovely Heart Cynthia. Looks like a real rainbow of projects happening in your sewing room. 😉

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Cynthia, I have lots of weeks like that - probably too many projects on the go but variety is what keeps me going! Have a great week. I'm looking forward to seeing where your heart quilt is going!

Jeanna said...

Love the scrappy heart. Look forward to seeing what you make with the donated units.

01 09 10