Wednesday, February 15, 2023

My Go To Pattern

 I was given a few coordinating fat quarters (for some compassion quilts) and I decided to grab my go-to pattern to use them.




First, I was given some fat quarters with a coffee theme.  My Wiggle Time pattern requires 5 fat quarters so I found a half yard of a fun brown geometric to add to the three I had and before you knew it, I almost have a finished top. (I still need to add some background fabric to the top and bottom.

(I love the rich rusty orange background fabric.)




I was also given some pastel dotted fabrics. I dug through my stash and found a Kaffe Fassett fabric that looked great with them.  I am going to use the bright blue solid for the background.  I have everything cut so it shouldn't take long for this one to be finished too.

I was actually given TWO fat quarters of each of the dotted fabrics so you just might see TWO identical quilts.  I am hoping I can make that Kaffe Fassett fabric stretch - it is going to be really close).

Wiggle Time is such a quick easy finish and I love that it uses Fat Quarters and a few yards of a background fabric.  Things you can find easily in your stash!



Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the rust colored fabric too. What a pretty quilt. Your blues look great together.

Astrid said...

Love the pattern and the rust colored fabric is beautiful. The other one is going to look great too.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The rusty orange background is fantastic, and I have a feeling the quilts are going to compliment one another well, even though they are such different colorways! Fingers crossed the Kaffe Fassett fabric stretches to get 2 quilts.

Kate said...

The coffee quilt is really cool. Love the cool colored fabrics you have picked for your next scrappy project.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Do you have to use fat quarters or can it be scrappy like in your rainbow quilt in the listing? I have so many scraps in colorways.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wiggle Time makes a great quilt in almost any fabric combination, Cynthia!!

01 09 10