Friday, March 31, 2023

A Few More Finishes

 As I await a few more of the Churn Dash blocks to arrive, I have been focusing on some low hanging fruit to fill the demand for Compassion Quilts.  Some easy finishes are grabbing one of the tops that have been donated, finding a backing fabric and quilting it up.



Becky sent in this lovely top made with a jelly roll.  I have not seen this design and I have to admit, I really like it!  I did get this quilt finished in time to make the delivery to the hospital.  It is a nice large lap size and I bet it will find a home quickly!

(You will be seeing many more quilts made by Becky in the future.  I just haven't had a chance to match backings to her tops yet.)



I found a soft yellow print with some faint black stars.  As soon as I put the navy blue binding on, the stars now appear navy blue.  I love it when pieces come together to make a fabulous quilt :)



Mary sent in the top for this fun 9-patch variation quilt.  It is filled with so much scrappy goodness!



It needed a backing and I knew right away what I would use.  I have had this gingham star print for a long time and I had just enough for this quilt.  I was even able to find a blue solid for the binding that almost matched the blue sashing.

This quilt measures 46 x 52". With all those fun novelty prints, I think I will mark this one for the pediatric center.  Sadly, this one didn't make the last shipment - I couldn't get the binding done in time.  But I plan on making another delivery in about a month so it will be the first quilt in the stack!

A big thanks to Becky and Mary.  
Soon your quilts will be bringing comfort to someone who needs a hug.





Linking Up:

4 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Perfect backings for both. That's a lot of yardage for you to have on hand to use for these projects. I'll definitely keep that in mind if I ever donate a quilt top; sending backing fabric along is probably a huge kindness.

Michelle at https://mybijoulifeonline.com said...

Lovely quilts! I know these will be much appreciated.

Karin said...

Lovely scrap quilt

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are agreat finishes!

01 09 10